Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
LOL. Glad to have you back in the conversation, T. Too bad you haven't watched our defense play three quarters of good football followed by a quarter of prevent defense while punching out bad teams like yours for the past four weeks. We have three candidates for the All Rookie defensive team and the league's sack leader, so with playmakers, we have a chance. It's also too bad that Scam Pew-ton folds up like Ronda Rousey when teams punch him in the mouth. If he had more heart, he'd possibly be where Matty Choke is right now.

And I like the sorry ass conference more than when the Panties made it to the playoffs with a losing record two seasons ago. If it's sorry, is it because your boys reverted to form, following a good season with a losing record again? That's your perspective and you are entitled to it. For the record, I posted minimal smack prior to our contest and I never denigrate teams that we beat. Rather than come back and trash the playoffs because you don't have a team in it, you could have taken the high road. I've learned to do it and I'm fine. Sulking is what Scam does well but it is not something to emulate.

By the way: Congrats on the win today. Your boys caught as many bad breaks in 2016 as good ones in 2015. I expect you to be back to form following a smart draft and an off season of figuring out what to fix. The NFC South didn't have a repeat champ until your team did it, so I expect next year to be a battle again. In all sincerity, I wish them well [[but not as well as us!).
I've watched the Falcons quite a bit and I don't base my opinions on their D based on games against our sh*t offense, the Rams sh*t offense or the Niners sh*t offense. The group certainly has some good players but collectively it is very low in the league, especially for a playoff team. The offense has clearly made up for that to some degree but I do believe the old saying is true... Defense wins championships. I like Trufant, he's a very good player. Your sack leader Beasley has certainly shown a lot of flash but he's far from a dominant player because of one stat category. I've watched him play and would love to have him on my team but he still has a lot of flaws. His run defense is particularly poor and also he's not consistent in getting to the QB. He has the highest percentage of pressure that results in sacks. And that can be looked at as a good thing but it also means, when he's not getting the flash stat of sacks, he's not getting a lot of pressure. He's definitely a playmaker and can make a game changing play but you better hope that that side of him shows up in these games that count. Both games against the Panthers he got beat by our 3rd OT in our already bad OT group.

I think you're getting conference and division mixed up. I was embarrassed to have won the division that year with a losing record. But that year's conference was so much better than this year. 3 12-4 teams and both wild cards at 11-5. It's not typical for an 11-5 team to get a bye like you did this year, that's just a fact. But that's how it turned out and you guys did better than the rest of the conference except the Cowboys and deserved the bye. And I'm not really posting smack. I don't like the Falcons as I don't like any division rival, but I don't let that get in the way of my observations and the opinions I'm posting here. If I turn out to be wrong about these playoff teams than so be it. Regarding my not liking this year's playoffs, it's got nothing to do with the Panthers. Of course I want us in it but they aren't and that's just reality. But the reality is also that the AFC playoffs will be poor compared to other years because of QB injuries, and that the NFC across the board is pretty weak compared to what the conferences usually are. When you've got an 11-5 team getting a bye, regardless of who it is, that signifies a pretty weak conference compared to what it usually is.

Thank you, but the only win today for me was that I didn't have to sit through a meaningless overtime... [[we lost to the Bucs in case you didn't know) We shall see what happens next year but it's really too early for me to think about any of that or discuss it here. I'll pop in here for the playoffs every once in a while. Maybe you guys can surprise me and if you do I'll be here to congratulate you.