Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
Yeah. We had electric football leagues in my neighborhood.

I never thought about it, but I suppose we established different identities when I was buying electric race cars from the hobby shop instead of electric football players. He never cared to race cars so my cousin Guy became my constant companion then [[about the 6th grade). Did any of you race with AFX or Tyco race tracks?
Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  21.1 KB
The only electric toys that existed when I was small were electric trains. They were very expensive. But we had 14 kids, so with all 4 sets of parents, and our grandparents chipping in, we had a pretty elaborate set for the 5 oldest boys. Any trucks that moved were wind up toys. I had a Radio Flyer Red Wagon, and a Flexie Flyer sled. We were Jewish, so I don't have any Christmas stories. And, during the '40s and '50s Chanukkah wasn't so commercial. We didn't really get big, expensive presents like kids got for Christmas. we got Gelt [[money-coins) and little gifts. Birthdays were where we got elaborate presents.
I did get a chemistry set, BB gun, Davy Crockett coon skin cap, rifle, lunch box. I got new hockey sticks and other equipment. Bicycles. Street hockey equipment, baseball gloves and bats and balls, football, basketball, board games. Monopoly was big.