[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Those were the records. Lakeside released "Keep On Moving Straight Ahead", which had a great song [["Be My Lady") but the rest of which was their worst music to that point. I'm a huge fan of The Whispers collaboration with Leon Sylvers and Dick Griffey, but that album was trash. The fact that it was released on the heels of a much better record [["Love Is Where You Find It") was problematic for me.

Now that I think about it, Lakeside's release followed "Fantastic Voyage". Releasing discarded material in the wake of successful albums was borderline deceptive marketing.
    I didn't think that Whispers album was that bad. It's also available for download.

I forgot the exact reason Dick Griffey released all of those albums, but it was connected to his lawsuit against RCA, and his move to Elektra distribution.
    Last edited by soulster; 11-07-2016 at 01:39 AM. Reason: typo