I certainly want all that we can get from the vaults and reissues but I think a lot of folks don't understand why a huge corporation like Universal [[not Andy, Harry, George, and Kevin) has little interest in niche product that seemingly moves only a few thousand copies at best. This isn't a case of walking into the vault, pulling a tape, slapping it onto disc and walking away. Here is what is typically involved in most reissue projects for any label...

These sets require hundreds of hour of care. Not even taking into consideration all the hours I'm sure are spent on listening to every tape searching for unreleased tracks or the many alternate takes of the songs involved in each album to find hidden gems worthy of release. Once that list is compiled, clearances for the unreleased material in a lot of cases have to be sought out which can be a pill to sort out. Then there's the hurdle of getting the blessings of the label itself, who may say no or not yet to some of it [[even at the last possible moment). Once that path clears, we get to the mastering process which can take days just to finish one song. The producers and engineer also get to hear a song so many times to get it remastered perfectly that I'm sure by the time they finish its probably one of the last tunes they want to hear for months to come afterwards. Multiply this by 30 tracks and you get the typical expanded edition sold to us at a bargain for the hours and effort even when they are $30-$50 bucks. Oh, and let's not forget the hours spent writing booklet essays and pouring over photographs to give us bonus and unseen shots. It really is a labor of love for very little profit when all this results in a max of 5,000 copies to a company that would rather put its marketing and money behind their big current sellers like Drake who move a million downloads.

I'm happy to get it via download, disc, or vinyl at this point. How many years did everyone spend not buying CD's when their vinyl originally disappeared? One has to move with the times and not get caught up in semantics about format. Computer and smart phone penetration is so large now that if these "friends" don't know how to download - help them out by setting it up on these devices for them! I agree that being vocal but respectful about getting them on CD's is okay but crossing your arms and thinking you are punishing the label by not buying isn't as effective as one thinks its actually is. All you are doing is showing there is no demand for these releases by not participating in some way and it becomes an even longer wait for the next reissue....