[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Actually while I agree with Roberta that Trump will never be elected President...we have two real "winners" [[please detect my sarcasm) running for President this time around...Actually...a couple of crapburgers...but the Dems have the ground game and a naturally built in electoral advantage while Trump will say to many stupid things to get elected...That aside, and to Jerry's assertions...Amazing that while hundreds of thousands of people left the workforce last month, to be replaced by only about 35,000 while the so called "unemployment rate actually DECLINED should tell us that the real unemployment rate in the United States in well into the double digits and actually approaching 20%...If we reported unemployment like Canada or many other countries, that's where our unemployment rate would be. I just had major surgery and haven't worked in some time...yet according to our labor statistics...I'm EMPLOYED...So many people have given up looking for work due to the economy, yet they are also counted as EMPLOYED...and to Jerrys point...Americans real income has stagnated and actually declined in recent years...All cheap labor has done has pushed down wages in those jobs to where Americans don't want them due to people willing to perform them for bargain basement wages. If a guy is willing to clean septic tanks for 8 bucks an hour...yes...few Americans are going to accept those jobs...but if there are not people willing to do those jobs for 8 bucks an hour...then the wages for those jobs will go to 15-20 bucks an hour and plenty of Americans will find cleaning septic tanks a much more desirable employment opportunity...Simple economics...People aren't doing jobs Americans don't want...American workers are not accepting jobs that others will accept for crap wages for doing crap work...Lose every low pay and benefit worker and I guarantee you...septic tanks will be cleaned because Americans know their shit...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 06-28-2016 at 02:12 PM.