[REMOVE ADS]

Velvelettes in Spain!

Don't tell Martha...please!!

Better not let Roberta see this either, then!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Better not let Roberta see this either, then!
    Thanks for the heads up!

I hope [[fingers crossed) that Roberta views their performance as a sincere tribute to Martha.

Bertha, Norma & Milly are going to town with their percussion on Nowhere To Run.
    Mabel John & Maxine Brown obviously shared the stage as well .

John,

Thanks so much for sharing those YT clips. The ladies look and sound fantastic and the band is spot-on. The velvety Velvelettes never fail to excite an audience. Cal blows me away...and I think Martha would be honored by their rendition of NTR!

Bertha Norma and Milly are having fun.

Cal is in great voice......still the powerhouse that she always been.

Damn this is a pleasure to see and hear. They have the talent to put out an album for sure; but prob not too much of a market. Were they represented in the Motown play? Yes, Cal's voice is really strong and commanding.

This is great. Always nice to see my girls and I am happy they are performing internationally. Thank you

Don't they look and sound just great!

Those two songs are an unusual selection.

No performance of 'Needle in a Haystack' or 'He Was Really Sayin' Something?

Hope there are more clips to come....and from many future performances....

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    Don't they look and sound just great!

Those two songs are an unusual selection.

No performance of 'Needle in a Haystack' or 'He Was Really Sayin' Something?

Hope there are more clips to come....and from many future performances....
    Keep smiling WGB!

Tbfxt - The videos are sensational! Many, many thanks.

[["I must NOT have been insane--I now feel like I was out on a weekend trip to Spain . . . with The Velvelettes!"
    --Excerpt from the hit single "I'm Livin' In Spain")

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Tbfxt - The videos are sensational! Many, many thanks.

[["I must NOT have been insane--I now feel like I was out on a weekend trip to Spain . . . with The Velvelettes!"
    --Excerpt from the hit single "I'm Livin' In Spain")
    Methuslah2..I wish I'd thought of that! Good one

Sharpmoves

Very many thanks for the new 'Velvelettes in Spain' thread, which very nicely complements this previous thread started by theboyfromxtown [[who else?!)....just wondered if you had seen it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    Sharpmoves

Very many thanks for the new 'Velvelettes in Spain' thread, which very nicely complements this previous thread started by theboyfromxtown [[who else?!)....just wondered if you had seen it yet?
    Why are you being nice to me today......are you wanting to borrow some money WGB.....cos you're out of luck today!!

*hugs*

I'm nice to you EVERY day...!

No, I'm wanting to LEND you money, at a very attractive [[to me...) rate of interest..so you're in luck.....

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Thanks for the heads up!

I hope [[fingers crossed) that Roberta views their performance as a sincere tribute to Martha.
    I'm sure both Martha and Roberta will think this is a great tribute. And after all, Martha herself has included Sugar Pie Honey Bunch and What's Goin' On in her set for years! This is a stunning post BFXT - muchas gracias indeed. Muy bueno.