[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Soulster:
    Keeper Of The Castle was released as a Motown twofer with Nature Planned It in 1990
    I know, but it is long out of print, and needs better mastering.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I know, but it is long out of print, and needs better mastering.
    Agree. It needs to be woofed up. The sound quality is typical of those reissues from the late 80s/early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Agree. It needs to be woofed up. The sound quality is typical of those reissues from the late 80s/early 90s.
    No, it does not need to be "woofed up". The mastering from the 90s sounded fine, but those two-fers didn't.

Love the wood glue tip - I wonder if you could play the resulting glue film as it seems to contain grooves lol - but perhaps it would all be in reverse - oooh!

Both Jerry Butler's "Suite For The Single Girl" [[MOTD5476/37463-5476-2) and the Four Tops "Keeper Of The Castle" [[MOTD5428/37463-5428-2) have been available on stand alone Motown CDs as well as on twofers.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Love the wood glue tip - I wonder if you could play the resulting glue film as it seems to contain grooves lol - but perhaps it would all be in reverse - oooh!

Both Jerry Butler's "Suite For The Single Girl" [[MOTD5476/37463-5476-2) and the Four Tops "Keeper Of The Castle" [[MOTD5428/37463-5428-2) have been available on stand alone Motown CDs as well as on twofers.
    I've never, ever seen them on CD.

I have "Keeper Of The Castle" on cd, Motown 3746354282, an early 1990s release but I can't find the date anywhere on it - it just says "[[P) 1972 MCA Records, Inc, [[C) Motown Record Company....

Name:  four_tops_keeper_motown_cd_small.JPG
Views: 419
Size:  41.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    I have "Keeper Of The Castle" on cd, Motown 3746354282, an early 1990s release but I can't find the date anywhere on it - it just says "[[P) 1972 MCA Records, Inc, [[C) Motown Record Company....

Name:  four_tops_keeper_motown_cd_small.JPG
Views: 419
Size:  41.6 KB
    Very cool! Never knew it was ever issued on CD; this was one of my late father's favorite albums. Does the CD contain the LP's final track, "Keeper of the Castle [Reprise]"? It's not listed; is it a ghost track?
    Last edited by sansradio; 09-18-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Very cool! Never knew it was ever issued on CD; this was one of my late father's favorite albums. Does the CD contain the LP's final track, "Keeper of the Castle [Reprise]"? It's not listed; is it a ghost track?
    According to the CD label, it appears they left it off. I guess the mastering engineer thought it was scrap and didn't belong there. I checked the timings on the original album.

See? Another reason it needs to be remastered and reissued!

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    See? Another reason it needs to be remastered and reissued!
    You don't need to convince me, I requested these albums from Harry. Ideally, I'd love to see a box set of all their studio albums on ABC Dunhill, with bonus tracks if possible.
    Last edited by calvin; 09-18-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    You don't need to convince me, I requested these albums from Harry. Ideally, I'd love to see a box set of all their studio albums on ABC Dunhill, with bonus tracks if possible.
    I'm all in for that! I requested them too. I just hope that they don't screw around with the sound of the tapes much, which is my way of saying I hope they don't boost the highs. Just give us the honest sound.

The Jerry Butler and Four Tops CDs previously mentioned....Name:  Some CDs copy.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  96.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Harry, I'll be happy to send you the one I downloaded. Popping is clearly heard on the beginning of Flower Girl, the que from Track s 4 & 5 are clearly from a turntable and at the end of track 6 is a couple seconds of vinyl hissing as the needle moves away from the music.
    Sent you an email.