theboyfromxtown....

Me too! I couldn't afford £5 to see the ladies at 'The Talk Of The Town' either...so, in my naivety, I wrote to them there and told them!!

With my letter, I also sent a brand new autograph book, with a stamped addressed envelope, and asked if they would kindly please start it off for me.

I wasn't really expecting too much [[but hoping like hell, of course!) yet back it came, virtually by return, duly signed, with sweet messages. I still have it.

Although it's possible that someone else could have signed for any of the three ladies, all the writing and signatures correspond to the examples that I have seen since, over all these years, so I'm inclined to feel they are genuine.

On arrival, I opened it and just sat there, looking at it, thinking Diana's, Mary's and Cindy's hands have touched this page..and now it's mine. [[aaah,sweet boy....!)

With it came a lovely photo, again with all signatures, and I noticed that Cindy had pressed hard to make her name clear... 'Cindy '67'

After that, I loved them even more, especially after the reports that Diana was distancing herself from Mary and Cindy.

A response to a written request, a signed photo and autographs successfully convinced at least this fan that, at the time, they seemed a united group..and that was enough for me.