[REMOVE ADS]

Soul train history book: Marvin gaye

HELLO SOUL MUSIC LOVERS! FOR THIS MONTH'S SOUL TRAIN HISTORY BOOK ON SOULTRAIN.COM I SPOTLIGHTED THE SOUL TRAIN APPEARANCES OF MARVIN GAYE. INCLUDED IS A CLIP OF MR. GAYE SINGING "GOT TO GIVE IT UP." HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!

http://soultrain.com/2014/04/21/soul...k-marvin-gaye/

Great article, thank you for writing it!

Were you able to view all of those scenes you recounted on Youtube? There are a few Marvin appearances I've never been able to track down and Soul Train clips seem to get pulled down a lot before I get the chance to see them [[they leave the video up but mute the sound, it's cruel).

I loved how Don introduced him every time he was on Soul Train...because it's the truth. RIP Marvin & Don.

Marvin made several great appearances on Soul Train during the 70's and early 80's. Did he ever appear on Bandstand during that era? I don't remember him doing so......

^ Not that I know of.