[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross & The Supremes sing Motown 1985 release

I recently bought this LP containing twelve classics recorded by Diana, Mary, Flo & Cindy. The jacket doesenīt indicate when these tracks were recorded. But I was surprised how much I enjoyed these takes on familiar songs suchs as "Money", "With a childīs heart", "Get ready", "This old heart of mine" [[my two favourites), "Do you love me" or "What becomes of the brokenhearted".

Now hereīs the question: While searching the net I found information that this LP was expanded to 24 cuts and released on CD in 2004. I never heard about that and looking at the pictures, especially of the back cover, I have my doubts. No Motown logo, no fine print. Is this CD a legitimate release? Or have these tracks been released on any other Supremes compilation?

Thanks!

Name:  dr_motown1.jpg
Views: 15133
Size:  72.2 KBName:  dr_motown.jpg
Views: 3655
Size:  57.2 KB

I'm almost sure that the cd is a bootleg.

Some of the tracks that weren't included on the 1985 release came from the girls' original UK album SUPREMES SING MOTOWN [[aka SING HDH in the US), other studio albums, as well as the 25TH ANNIVERSARY and NEVER BEFORE RELEASED MASTERS collections.

but have any of the original tracks been released on CD?

Hi soulstevie-

I think this was discussed once before. I am almost certain that this is a bootleg.

This LP was one of my first Supremes purchases. I picked it up at the mall [[remember when malls had record stores?) and couldn't wait to get home to play it.

This looks like a "dream release"; I'd love to have an expanded edition of "Sing Motown".

Quote Originally Posted by soulstevie View Post
    but have any of the original tracks been released on CD?
    A quick look at the track listing, I believe almost all [[if not all) have been released on various cd's.

hi Mary,

I fear thereīs almost nothing about the supremes that wasnīt discussed here before :-). Since I live in Germany I only know malls in recent years with boring electronic market chains.

I agree, it would be a good idea to turn this boot into the real thing and collect all the supremes recordings of Motown classics.

I think that FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE is the only song that has not yet been released on cd.

lol@myself. after searching for a little while i found out i didnīt have to buy the LP, i already own all the tracks ....

This release has to be later than 85 as Just A little Misunderstanding didnt debut until late 86 on 25th Anniversary..it seems like a bootleg to me but I doubt they would have got hold of that track to add to it before Motown released it so it must have come out in 86 earliest..

When you search the net you find that this CD was supposedly released in 2004.

FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE is indicated with an asterix, supposedly being a Diana Ross solo track!

Quote Originally Posted by robbert View Post
    FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE is indicated with an asterix, supposedly being a Diana Ross solo track!
    It was originally released on the 1983 compilation MOTOWN SUPERSTARS SING MOTOWN SUPERSTARS.