Juice , allow me to take a few steps forward........................
some other scenes of the crimes in N.Y.C. ;
Alexanders ,Casablanca ,Better Days , Club My Way , The Loft ,Gatsbys ,Ipanema ,La Martinique ,Leviticus ,Nemos, Othellos ,Pippins ,Stardust Ballroom ,Jimmys ,the Gallery, 12 West ,Liquid Smoke ,Justines ,La Renaissance, The Headrest, Speakeasy..........,,,All were serious Dance Clubs/Discotheques before
"the corporates pimped Disco like she was a $2 crack ho & unfairly covered a lot of great artists & an entire movement with the stench of THEIR perversion of it." Well put homie .

Some more awesome Dance tracks,
Frontline --Eddie Grant
Funky Nassau--Beginning Of The End
Bad Conditions--Lloyd Price
Do It Fluid-- Blackbyrds
Who Is He.....--Creative Source
Oh Wah Oh Hey [[Funky Song) , -- Ripple
Waterbed---LTG Exchange
Express--B.T. Express

And one other thought ,.......With the introduction of the further refinement of R&B by the Philly crew of writers and musicians ,which had been started by the Motown crew and taken to the next level by Gamble and Huff ,B.H.Y and the Cayre Bros [[Salsoul) in the mid 70's ,by tastfully adding orchestral arrangements and instruments to the Funk base ,they broadend the audience. The Funk was still there ,but not as raw as before because the added instrumentation and arrangements brought a little more depth to the Funk/Dance element ,but made it not so ...direct. Funk IS a very sensual thing, and it does believe it or not ,makes some folks not used to it ,edgey. They made it .....paletable. Sort of like the difference between a straight up [[neat) liquor drink and a mixed drink/cocktail as an analogy for example. They took the edge off of it. That's why IMO ,classic P.I.R. tracks like ,for example "Love Train ","The Love I Lost" ,"Let's Groove" and Trammps tracks like "Promise Me" ,"Where Do We Go From Here" are called "Disco" , disregarding the quality musicianship and production of them. Take for a big example ,"Love Is The Message". A track played in and popular in the pre-"Disco" Clubs and parties.
The only airplay it had at that time was on urban F.M. radio and THAT was because of that exposure and the word of mouth in the community. In its original L.P. mix , it was a favorite dance track ,because it was so beautifully done. It struck me as a swinging big band type ,soulful track ,that echoed the feeling of the times, "Love is the message" ,and was danceable ,but too short and hard to extend ,in that mix. [[The way you really wanted it to). Then a year or so later ,this "Disco" thing starts to pop up all over and these new tracks have inst dubs and stuff you can mix with ,but that L.I.T.M. is a classic track that you always play and then ...BAM... T.M does this wicked "Disco" remix of the track. Tom's "Disco" mix of that track is better known than its original form ,which was a beautiful piece to begin with and conceptually not intended for a "Disco" market.
However, L.I.T.M. ,is considered one of the most popular "Disco" tracks. Toms remix gave the strings ,drums ,horns ,vocals [[and cheated on the keyboards), they own solos!!! You can dance to any of the mixes on the dance floor ,but to sit down and LISTEN to the original or the T.M. remix is an awesome thing. Something I don't associate with ,the white suit ,Boom Tsk,Boom ,Tsk ,Boom ,vision of "DISCO"
In the Clubs at the same time on the raw side , K.C.'s "I Get Lifted" is considered "Disco" ,but in fact it's just, just downright nasty ,FUNK.
Another standout is the first Dr Buzzard album. "They" call that "DISCO" ,but in fact ,it combines so many elements of American music culture ,that to me ,these 30 plus years later ,it defies categoration, other than being a mutant work of art.
It's that commercial "gimmick" association and point of view of the later 70's that bugs me about that word "Disco"