I can't believe in 2010 that there are still people who don't know the difference between funk and disco, don't know that
there were placed called discotheques before the emergence of the genre known as disco just as they were sometimes
referred to as Go Gos long before there was a genre of that same name, let alone people who don't know that there was
dance music, dance clubs and dance styles before disco came on the scene... Wow!...
And Pshark, no offense, dude but Smokey Robinson's Going To A Go Go as early disco?!?!...I couldn't buy that for a penny...
I actually was shocked to see the notion coming from a fan of the Funk...There are some very well written histories and
definitions of the genre in print and on the web [[at wikipedia, fyi) and though I can see how arguments are formed some
others make me laugh. Soul Makossa as the 1st disco record? Well, it was played in discothques and it was Manu Dibango's
1st international hit so if I'm a hit and miss search engine like microsoft's Bing, I've got the tags 1ST in there and DISCO, so...Bam! Correct! It was!....But the reality is as much as folks liked it [[me included) and as big as a hit it became, it
wasn't disco. Shit, it wasn't even Makossa. Manu himself admitted that...