[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    [QUOTE=marv2;154215]"He did it all for me," Diana says of Gordy. "He was father, mother, brother, sister, lover."

Notice Diana's use of 'for me' not 'to me'. She indicates that she played a co-operative part in the process. She could have rejected Bery's plan. Her free will was not taken away from her. In no way was she a puppet. She came to see that the special relationship that she had with Berry Gordy was beneficial not only to each other but to all those others who were part of the Motown family of artists.Many were able to pass through the doors that Berry was able to open for his family of performers, through much hard work and dedication , and especially the trails blazed by the Supremes.
    So many of those who were there in the early days speak in family terms, making mention that they too looked upon Berry like unto an adult relative who, despite the differences they may have encountered along the way, helped to guide them in their formative years or to help the already seasoned performers to expand their careers.
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 03-17-2013 at 05:15 PM.