[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    John;
    I caught the first part of your show this evening with the tribute medley to Andy Williams. I was in my early teens during his heyday and at the time thought his music was cheesy. Listening to the set you put together made me realize how "grownup" his music choices were and how I can relate to the themes So much more now. A lovely tribute.
    Sadly, for me, the rest of your show to date has been nothing short of frustration. For some reason I had to get on to iTunes to listen to your station streaming and it "buffers out" every 10 minutes or so. I know it's NOT your fault. Time to get a new mac I guess. There's so many sites I can't access when the systems get too old. I'll keep trying. I only wish you were still posting the spoken word parts of these shows. Cheers! Mark

Mark....good to see you...I'm so sorry that your having such difficulty with the stream!!!

I prefer this performance of the 'Symphony' medley much more than their performance of it on Ed Sullivan.

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Mark....good to see you...I'm so sorry that your having such difficulty with the stream!!!
    Mark...Andy says that if you have a smart phone...you might be able to get it through that....let me know!

Andy and George can you let us know what the 2000 copy limit is about?

supremester Guest

Nightflight question

Do you have any other Symphony Medly tapes that include "Everything Is Good About You" like on Ed Sullivan?

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Please tell Andy & George I'm in love with this set. It's as good as The Black Album and just blew us away last night.

They are loved and appreciated!

Gregg Simon

Dove is Here And Now You're Gone

was this originally planned as the album for Ross to go solo with in 66?

'Meet the Supremes' & 'More Hits By the Supremes' lists 'Expanded Edition' on the side spine and not the front cover. 'Where Did Our Love Go' says 40th Anniversary Edition on the side spine.

Hi mj, Andy and George:

Will this release include any new essays or interviews by Mary Wilson or anyone else "in the know"?

AND: was "My World is Empty Without You, BABE" [[adding "babe") ever considered as a working title?

Thanks guys, muah!
    Last edited by marybrewster; 10-02-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Andy,
    i wasn't correcting you, only thanking you for sneaking in an extra track.

during the time of the release of HIgh Energy set ,Andy briefly talked about the possibilities of some sort of forum for supremes fans but i havent heard anything more about it,any updates

Andy and George,

Beautiful work on the new set as always. Just curious if you can elaborate or know any background how Universal Japan has gotten the go ahead to rush out the entire sixties Supremes and seventies Ross solo albums this year as straight reissues with no bonus material while you guys wait patiently stateside to go through the catalog chronologically to do these amazing expanded sets. Particularly how they got the go ahead on Ross 78 since it's never made to CD anywhere yet. Any info at all is greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
    Glen

Aren't the dresses from the Symphony photo shoot the same as the ones they wore in the Beach Ball movie?

Glen,
    I hope that Andy & George answer your question. But I would think that Motown re-issues sell exceedingly well in Japan. If they sold as well in America, I'm sure Andy & George wouldn't have to struggle so much in getting things o.k.'d & then released.

Listening from Alexandria, VA!! I LOVE this IHAS collection and YES I LOVE the live stuff!! PLEASE keep it coming! I would love to hear The Copa '67 and I want to say that hearing them sing "More" was a bonus for me. And as long as you're issuing the live recordings, is there a chance you will issue Martha and The Vandellas live at The Roostertail and maybe a complete Temptations Live At The Copa?

I understand that after IHAS, the dove was no longer used, got fed up, and eventually signed with Invictus.

Question:

As producers, were HDH given album cover approval?

[QUOTE=Methuselah2;125785]I understand that after IHAS, the dove was no longer used, got fed up, and eventually signed with Invictus.

That explains the nest and egg on the 100 Proof Aged In Soul cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    Dove is Here And Now You're Gone
    Jimi, that's great! Bruce

[QUOTE=carole cucumber;125786]
    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    I understand that after IHAS, the dove was no longer used, got fed up, and eventually signed with Invictus.

That explains the nest and egg on the 100 Proof Aged In Soul cover!
    Carole, that a riot! Bruce

John, Andy & George - I finally figured out the glitch that was preventing me from hearing the live stream of you on the air. I seek out all the wonderful Hip-O select releases and enjoy them all. I can't wait for the Marvin Gaye "Trouble Man" expanded project. Thank you for all your do, from a Canadian Tamla/Motown fan!

The SHM discs ive bought that were Universal issues was the Japan only Olivia Newton John 10 album box and the sound was great. Thanks for answering my question.

as a person with a public relations background, I can tell you that there is no real promo to the non die hards who don't visit this site..there are few reviews in music magazines, etc.. Even on The Marvelettes "UnSung" you would think there would be a 'spot' for the deluxe editions, or a plug for the site.. promo/pr on these projects are all very inside...they could potentially reach many more 'fans'

Why is Diana Ross' falsie showing on the inside cover?

Will this program be available as a podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Why is Diana Ross' falsie showing on the inside cover?
    Because it would have been too shocking on the outside cover and the dove had flown the coop for Invictus and could not be used as a cover-up.

How will Mary explain that Berry took People out of the act foever before the first Copa, when it is popping up all over and she's singing WITH her??????

Where one of the girls says let me hear that back, I think it's flo btw

And Someone says Thank You on the intro of it.....right?

Wonderful show, John, Andy, and George. So informative and entertaining. A whole lotta fun. And a whole lotta show. The three of you are just joyous to listen to. I love when you all get together for these great shows. You truly make them great.

Specialty albums......

John, so glad I kept at it to overcome my computer glitches this evening to catch your radio show. What a treat it was, and the 2012 mix of "I Hear A Symphony"....baby, Baby, BABY! Way cool!

Thanks for answering my question about "People" in the Roostertail act

RossHolloway Guest
    I can't believe I missed the show last night!

"Are Andy and George familiar with the coffee-cup shot recently unearthed? Chock Full O' Supremes is the heavenly coffee."

Any one have a link to this coffee pic? TIA...

how can i hear these interviews living in UK?

According to Motown the Supremes received gold albums for:

Where Did Our Love Go
    A Go-Go
    Join The Temptations

Platinum Albums were
    Greatest Hits Vol. 1 & 2
    TCB

Symphony, Sing HDH and More Hits were Top Ten chart entries but I never heard the ladies getting gold records for these.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    According to Motown the Supremes received gold albums for:

Where Did Our Love Go
    A Go-Go
    Join The Temptations

Platinum Albums were
    Greatest Hits Vol. 1 & 2
    TCB

Symphony, Sing HDH and More Hits were Top Ten chart entries but I never heard the ladies getting gold records for these.
    This is the same list that I saw years ago in a book called THE BOOK OF GOLDEN DISCS. But they also included SUPREMES AT THE COPA and GREATEST HITS VOL. 3 as gold albums.

That's why it is so unclear as to what actually sold the required amount to be considered gold or platinum since Motown did not allow audits. I would think Copa has a good chance of being gold but I can't see GH Vol. 3 going gold unless it happened in the CD age. It didn't chart high enough or long enough to warrant that

the info i read stated HITS #3 sold over 1 million,Merry Christmas sold 3 Million.Greatest Hits 1@2 sold 6 million.

During the show someone mentioned CD reissues of Diana Ross LPs coming out in the UK - I know about the ones in Japan, but not these other ones...any more info?
    Also, if anyone has a link to the "Supremes Coffee" photo that would be great...