[REMOVE ADS]

Happy birthday, Soulful Detroit

Well gang, we're another year older. Soulful Detroit hit the scene in October, 2001, the brainchild of David Meikle of Glasgow, Scotland and Lowell Boileau of Farmington, Michigan.
    We have had our times and experiences here over the years. Some good and some not so good, but the good has always prevailed and the membership grows dailey.
    Personally, I have made many new friends as a result of this site and re-connected with many old friends I wouldn't have believed I would ever meet again. The talent and knowledge that is displayed here everyday has never ceased to amaze me. You, the membership, are an amazing group of people. Thank you, one and all, for your invalueble participation. It is you, each individual, that has contributed to the success and growth of Soulful Detroit. Happy birthday, gang.

I heard that Godfather, sentimental and sensitive in the same post whoa !.....heres to the good times and other times, and a big thanks to you, David and Lowell........have a slice on me.........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Happy Birthday Soulful Detroit! Let's have a party next year for the our 10th! What do you say?

Happy Birthday SDF !

Happy birthday to soulful detroit, now let the party begin

Happy Birthday Soulful Detroit!!! Thank you for keeping the Soul Alive!!!

It's Your Birthday Get Busy!!!! Big Shout Out To SD for keeping soul music in the forefront of our lives!!!!!!

xoxo Terry Jones and Helen Bruner

Gawd, it doesn't seem that long. I guess time flies as you get older

I'm curious. In the long span of SDF, what was your favorite thread? I've got 2, the Arrruuggh one of course, which brought out the brilliant humor of everyone posting at that time, but also one from the early days that compared and contrasted Motown with Memphis [[mid-South) soul sounds.

topdiva1 Guest
    Happy birthday!!!!

Let me say in ernest...[WHO'S ERNEST???]..jai behave...now as i was saying i would like to extend a very heartfelt happy birthday to the greatest music forum on the internet,thank you David,Lowell,and our[Godfadder]Ralph for this very special place where we come to celebrate this wonderful music in all it's many forms..thanks again and here's to the next ten years....OK VOICE GEEZ HAVE US CRYIN UP IN HERE...CAN I CRACK OPEN THE BIRTHDAY HOOCH NOW?

What can i say? Happy Birthday to my fav forum Thank you Ralph for allowing me to learn so much and meet so many wonderful people wishing many more successful years to come cheers

Hi this is Kev-Lo

Happy Birthday SDF

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  21.1 KB
    There were too many great threads to list just one. I like all the old threads about Detroit record labels that had lots of scanned record labels and lots of discussion on the old groups and single artists and musicians that played on the recording sessions, and information on the producers, arrangers, record company owners, etc. Knowledgeable people like Ron Murphy, Clay MacMurray, Weldon McDougald, Spyder Turner, Ralph Terrana, Bobby Eli, Denis Coffey, Bob Babbitt and the many others made those threads very educational and interesting.

Thank goodness we were able to save about half of them in the SDF Archives. Too bad most of those from the Old SDF were lost.

Happy Birthday Soulful Detroit - and may we have many, many, many more!! Thanks, Ralph, for all you do! We appreciate it!! God bless you!

It's been that long! Wow!

Still one of the best sites on the web...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and here's to another nine, and nine more after that, etc.!

Best,

Mark

Happy Birthday SD, still a site worth visiting...

msmotown2 Guest

Cool Happy Birthday Soulful Detroit

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOULFUL DETROIT

Thanks for all the good information and up dates you guys keep us
    informed with. I wish I would have stumbled across this site when you
    first started. This is one of the better and positive sites I enjoy coming to.
    Keep up the good work. Happy B Day and many many more to come.

Wow, started with a guy from Glasgow too! I didn't know that.

SD is the only forum of any nature that I read or post on regularly. I love the discussions and debate. I think we all must remember, speaking for myself anyway, that debate is good for our minds and hones our skills and I enjoy all of you a lot.

Thanks Ralph.

2 years [[i think?)i stumbled on to sd by accident,looking for something else,needless to say i forgot what i was l searching for in the 1st place and spent the rest of the day on here.its now one of my daily routines.
    the depth of knowledge in the membership is infinite.i also get to read posts by those that were there [[motown) and people from other labels.
    to think..................i can find out about any motown and soul track,any music,book,film etc.etc.
    i can also get the latest news on releases months in advance,find out where its cheapest ,who to steer clear of

thanks to all involved today and in the past this is the place to come to.

cheers everyone!