[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqueetha_Jackson View Post
    I hate what they did to Florence blondie ballard she should have soed the shit out of Barry gordy and motoen!
    Perhaps she should have, but she settled.............

As I said on Mysteries and Scandals, this was a case of David vs. Goliath...with this David not even having a slingshot. Motown was huge by then and Flo had too many witnesses to her drinking and acting out. She played into Motown's hands too easily.

Florence knew her limitations. She had an enormous amount of trouble even obtaining a lawyer to go against Motown. She felt if they would finally fire her [[she could not quit and pursue a solo career elsewhere and knew this) that this would ultimately set her free. She didn't know the terms of her contract, which stated she had no rights to use the name Supremes for self-promotion. Even ABC Records, when signing her, didn't know it. This pretty much shot Flo down to being just another nameless female vocalist.

It was a sad and unfortunate situation. But as Mary has said, a lot of people were responsible for Florence's destruction...none moreso than Flo herself

Mary said he did the process very quickly--sure seemed that way.

the ABC contract gave her good leverage that either she or the label had the option not to renew the contract for the secound year if either party wasnt happy..it was only a two year contract she signed and I suspect that suited her..sadly the material she recorded at ABC was so lack lustre..but even after the contract was over there was still prestigous gigs she got such as singing for Nixon and opening for Bill Cosby..but Chapman and Baun were way out of their league..she was like a ball of string..slowly unravelling

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    the ABC contract gave her good leverage that either she or the label had the option not to renew the contract for the secound year if either party wasnt happy..it was only a two year contract she signed and I suspect that suited her..sadly the material she recorded at ABC was so lack lustre..but even after the contract was over there was still prestigous gigs she got such as singing for Nixon and opening for Bill Cosby..but Chapman and Baun were way out of their league..she was like a ball of string..slowly unravelling
    I can't think about poor Flo tonight. I'm upset enough over Dick Clark and reading this about Flo just reduces me to tears.

The only comfort I have is both Miss Ballard and Mr. Clark are free from pain and with our Lord and Savior.

Roberta

Roberta - i was thinking about you earlier on today..your strength in the lord gives me much comfort on the other side of the world....keep close to the light and keep sharing your love for the lord,I for one feel your love and Im very thankful..bless you for making a rough day better for me..xxx

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    As I said on Mysteries and Scandals, this was a case of David vs. Goliath...with this David not even having a slingshot. Motown was huge by then and Flo had too many witnesses to her drinking and acting out. She played into Motown's hands too easily.

Florence knew her limitations. She had an enormous amount of trouble even obtaining a lawyer to go against Motown. She felt if they would finally fire her [[she could not quit and pursue a solo career elsewhere and knew this) that this would ultimately set her free. She didn't know the terms of her contract, which stated she had no rights to use the name Supremes for self-promotion. Even ABC Records, when signing her, didn't know it. This pretty much shot Flo down to being just another nameless female vocalist.

It was a sad and unfortunate situation. But as Mary has said, a lot of people were responsible for Florence's destruction...none moreso than Flo herself
    Bottomline is.......there would not have been a court in the United States that would have sided with Motown against Florence Ballard! Much of what has been talked about in books and on the internet all these years HAVE NOTHING to do with what would have been brought up in court regarding her dismissal and compensation earned but not received for being in the Supremes! Screw everything and everyone else and just stick to the facts as to why all of them should been in court and you would have had Florence Ballard with the clear advantage. They tortured that girl. She did not destroy herself. People say shit like that now because she cannot defend herself against it. Oh well.....I guess that is the way of the World!

Roberta - i was thinking about you earlier on today..your strength in the lord gives me much comfort on the other side of the world....keep close to the light and keep sharing your love for the lord,I for one feel your love and Im very thankful..bless you for making a rough day better for me..xxx
    Thank you for your beautiful words my darling angel. I try to help people by spreading the word of God. They are "his" words and they help and heal me. I feel blessed, touched and honored that "his" words have made your day better.

Trust in him and talk to him for he will surely hear you.

Sending you my love and gratitude.

Roberta

Marv I feel that Flo had the street smarts to understand what was going and she was a brass tacks sort of lady and told things the way they were. I suggest that she had realistic view of things but just needed a tad better set of coping skills. An d yes, I agree with right legal team she could of won.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Marv I feel that Flo had the street smarts to understand what was going and she was a brass tacks sort of lady and told things the way they were. I suggest that she had realistic view of things but just needed a tad better set of coping skills. An d yes, I agree with right legal team she could of won.
    True and Florence had a high school education and had to have felt intimidated when came to dealing with legal matters, attorneys and Motown! She needed someone she could really trust. Someone older, experienced and tough that would have supported her at that time. Florence was 24 years old facing all of this. When you consider that fact, there is no wonder why things got "out of bounds". There was no victory on Motown's part in how Florence was treated.

Gordy- "well girls have you chosen which High school were gonna tape this tv spot in front Of ?"
    Flo - "We are still choosing Berry"
    Gordy -"Well Blondie its really a choice for Diane and Mary seeing as you never graduated.."
    Diana -"Well neither did you Berry !"

Gordy- "well girls have you chosen which High school were gonna tape this tv spot in front Of ?"
    Flo - "We are still choosing Berry"
    Gordy -"Well Blondie its really a choice for Diane and Mary seeing as you never graduated.."
    Diana -"Well neither did you Berry !"
    Just that little bit of dialogue should put things in perspective in a BIG WAY! LOL! Florence was a kid basically as were the others dealing in the rough and tumble World of entertainment. She had no one to look out for her or to guide her when things started going wrong.

Nice Nomis; they all loved Berry in the day! I bet they laughed when Diane said that.

It's quite someting for a victim of sexual abuse to stand up to power figures the way Florence did. What a brave,spunky woman. Unfortunately she didnt get the help she needed not to internalize the abuse she received PS Good for Diana to give it back to Berry!

that basketball player who raped her was beaten to a bloody pulp when the neighbourhood found out what he had done to her days later outside her highschool....

that basketball player who raped her was beaten to a bloody pulp when the neighbourhood found out what he had done to her days later outside her highschool....
    He was also shot and killed later on. I posted his picture on here a while back, Reggie, he was a jerk!