Some guys who perhaps deserve more credit:

Paul Williams -- Tempts die-hard fans know he's great; the average Joe thinks it's all Ruffin-Kendricks.

Bobbie Smith -- I've read critics [[including Dave Marsh) who think Phillippe Wynne sang all Spinners leads. People have tin ears, I guess. Led "Could It Be ..." and "I'll Be Around" among many. Read YouTube comments [[OK, don't, your brain might go numb), everyone thinks Wynne is leading Smith-led songs.

Walter Williams -- Again, we here on this board know he's great. Again, I've read critics [[Marsh again) who has miscredited his leads to Eddie Levert. A magical, legendary talent ... average Schmo seems to think Levert leads all songs.

Edmund Sylvers -- Just kind of re-connecting with this group of late, the guy was a tremendous singer and talent. Certainly didn't get his due when he was alive.

Add yours. While the above are certainly well-known on this board, they are misrepresented. Perhaps the title of this should be, "No, he didn't sing that tune, this guy did!" Nevertheless, just having fun ... certainly a lot of underrated women should be listed in this thread, too.