Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
i think that's a bit harsh of a critique of Diana and her memories and approach to the supremes.

while i don't know diana personally, my take on it is that she doesn't dwell on the past. some people really fawn over memories and sentimentality. people that have boxes of old greeting cards from years and years. people that save everything associated with family members and all. Other people are more detached to the past. it's not that they don't care of the people or the memories. it's just that they have a different perspective of things

IMO Diana is more the later.

also the supremes era had a wonderful sheen to it for the public and fans that concealed a rather dark underbelly. by all accounts, these years were horrifically stressful for the participants, insane schedules and work, painful memories of the interpersonal relationships within the group. typically when people look back, they focus on the happy times, which i don't think we can classify the Sups years as happy

also her career encompasses so much work and music. if she was to really do a concert that was a proper tribute to her career, it would be about 5 hours long lol. sure WE crazy fans would love it. but that's a bit much lol. she has to pick and choose what material to present

another point is that when she went solo in 70, she clearly handed the baton to Mary to run the group. and diana was very supportive of the group and wanted them to succeed. she wasn't personally plotting to undermine their success. but she was very busy with her own life, career, family. Mary took that baton and sort of became the defacto leader and preservationist for the group. diana seems to have avoided jumping into this because she knows her public image would swamp mary's.
Diana herself said it best to Barbara Walters:

[[Paraphrasing)

"People ask me what ever happened to that little girl from the Brewster Projects, and I say "who?"