This song came up in the Diana and Smokey thread. I've been meaning to post about it and Rob and Lucky's comments inspired me to finally do it.

Admittedly I didn't care for this song for a long time. Only in recent years have I found some appreciation for it. But only recently have I really begun to like it. So I was listening to it not long ago and I started to wonder how well it would have done as a single. It's a smooth groove. The vocals are on point. Of course it would have to be edited down a bit. I wonder if the orchestration could have been increased? As is, it's a nice soulful ditty. Probably would have done pretty well R&B, but not sure about pop.

On one of the "Now the Bitter, Now the Sweet" videos, the response to it is overwhelmingly positive among commenters. Someone there also suggested that it should have followed "Wonderful Sweet" as a single.

Anyway, thoughts? Love the song? Hate the song? What do you think of it as a single? What do you think about its inclusion on the FJ album?