[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Salute To VAN McCOY - Part 1: Intro, Bio, & Van's Albums

Name:  1685854688882181197194238882423.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  33.9 KB

It seems that all of my favorite music is from specific categories -- Phil Spector [[Philles Records), Motown, Philly Soul, '60s Girl Groups, and '70s Dance/Disco. There's one additional category which is near and dear to my heart -- and that's the music of Van McCoy. Whether creating music on his own albums, the albums of Faith, Hope & Charity [[his soulful back-up singers on nearly all of his '70s productions), or the hundreds of other artists for whom he created music, Van played the impressive role of Songwriter, Arranger, Producer, Conductor, Musician [[Piano), and Lead Vocalist [[as well as Back-Up Singer along-side Faith, Hope & Charity and Zulema Cusseaux).

Van's music has touched the hearts of many since the 1960s with hits like "Baby I'm Yours" and other Northern Soul hits cherished by his U.K. fans, as well as his highly-polished romantic, dance-oriented, string-laden productions of 1970's America such as Brenda & The Tabulations, Melba Moore, The Stylistics, David Ruffin, Anacostia, and his own Soul Symphony Orchestra on AVCO/ H&L Records, followed by his two solo albums on MCA Records before his untimely death in July 1979 at age 39.

Put your feet up, relax, and get ready to enjoy some of the funkiest, sweetest, most romantic music this side of Heaven!

PART 1: I've started my Van McCoy salute with the chronologically-listed albums of Van McCoy himself.

PART 2: Will continue later with the chronological albums of Faith, Hope & Charity who performed back-up vocals on Van's albums, their own FH&C albums, and on nearly all of Van's 1970's artists' albums.

PART 3: Also continuing later, all of Van's artists and their Van-produced songs will be listed in alphabetical order by ARTIST -- starting with his group ANACOSTIA and ending with ZULEMA. Again, all ARTISTS will be listed alphabetically, and each list of ALBUMS and/or SINGLES within each artist will be listed chronologically.

Since PART 3 is so large, it may be necessary to post it in segments. Will know more when the time comes.

[NOTE 1 to Readers: I'm including only the artists and recordings that I have in my personal CD collection, although all of the audio links are courtesy of YouTube.]

[NOTE 2 to Readers: As always, many thanks to Kenny for his uploading skills!]

Please feel free to post your comments now.

- Philles/Motown Gary

----------------------------

VAN McCOY BIOGRAPHY

NOTE: ALL information contained within the Van McCoy biography is credited to WIKI, and can be found in the link below.

Chapters are as follows:

Background And Early Years

Van McCoy the Composer And Producer

Van McCoy The Artist

- 1970s Mainstream Success

- Further Activities

- Sum Up Of [[1970-1977) Period

Van McCoy Composer, Producer, and Artist [[1978 to 1979)

Death

Television & Film

Discography

[NOTE: All of the above outline items can be found in the link below]:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_...nd_early_years
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 06-11-2023 at 03:13 AM.