What if Lynda had stayed with the Supremes instead of leaving when Jean did? Do you think the Supremes story would have been different? I Know Jean and Lynda were trying to get Mary to leave Motown and change the name to something else. Lynda did sing lead on her first tour when Jean was ill in Hawaii. Lynda certainly had a good voice but she wasn't as distinctive a vocalist as Diana or Jean or even to a lesser extent Mary or Scherrie. I read Mary's book and Lynda wanted a full third of everything as well as special compensation for solos which Mary said was unrealistic. I am guessing Mary got more but was pumping money into the act and the group. With Jean gone, do you think Lynda would have been a hit as lead singer? Do you think Cindy would have returned when Jean left to be with Mary and Lynda? Do you think that Scherrie would then never been a Supreme since they wouldn't need to look for a new lead singer? How successful do you think a Lynda led group would have been? I liked her and she did fine for the 18 months she was there but I don't see her leading the group to more success than the Scherrie, Mary, Cindy and Susaye groupings. Lynda was willing to leave the name in 1973 but in 1986 on she used the name in the FLOs with no problem. I also read that some at Motown warned Mary to look out for Lynda because she was too bossy. What if?....