Mary Wilson certainly had the talent, looks, glamour and stage presence but something always seemed to be in her way. I read Freda Payne's book and Mary was supposed to do an album, they had recorded tracks and then something happened with her management and they decided not to do it. Mary always said she needed to record, so why pass on it? First, choosing Pedro to run the Supremes was a choice. He alienated Motown and the other Supremes. Mary's managers seemed to make terrible decisions for her, her last one [[I won't mention names) seemed to negotiate her out of a number of deals. Her lawyer seemed to make unreasonable demands and I understand his wife [[her assistant) was not always friendly to fans. And of course, TT as road manager who wrote some books and was not always a help to Mary. Also, the last assistant who found Mary posted on You Tube about it, I couldn't even listen. Now, I know Mary was frightened of being destitute like Flo had become after she left the group and even Diana had only 250K she could put her hands on when she left so she had the big deal with RCA to get her money. So, like Flo and Diana she was trying to make sure she became financially secure and didn't always surround herself with the right people to achieve artistic and financial success. In fact, Mary's determination to stay relevant is what kept her relevant. Does anyone have a different perspective?