To my surprise and delight my local 2nd hand record store had a copy of the expanded cd of Silk Electric..heres my thoughts

always liked "Muscles" love the stark production and beat so we are off to a good start..
"So Close" from her opening warble Diana is in that 80s-kind-of-just-on-key[[barely) higher register..its an ok song but nothing to shout about..
"Still in love" had me struggling to hear her in the vocals in the first verse..shes quite muffled and deep in the mix..nice chorus this song really reminds me of the style and production of several cuts from "Eaten Alive" ,which is no bad thing as i personally love that album..this song has grown on me
"Fool For Your Love'..ive read of comments on this track on this forum but,still,I wasnt prepared - a classic Ross what- was - she - thinking ? moment..its dire.. some have compared it to a Pat Benatar style track,but the Benatar tracks I have heard are much more melodic than this dirge ! she dosent get any points from me for even trying this track.."Up Front" on her next album was a much,much better shaped rock track..still its quite remarkable to think this is from the same lady who can do Jazz or Rogders and hart songbook..she dosent limit herself..but this track should NEVER have made the cut.
Next comes "Who" - love it great catchy chorus and should have been the follow on single from "Muscles" instead of just a single release in the Netherlands only..the production reminds me a little of Chic,which is a good thing..
liked "Love lies" although i like the verses better than a chorus still, its great to hear her backing harmony with her main vocal..nice drumming but let down imo by a lacklustre chorus
"In Your Arms" i had liked since the RCA years compilation and this is an underated track from the opening shes vunerable,tender and this song has a stunning backing vocal from her which sounds thought out and nicely produced. Ive always wondered how the following cover version of this track by Whitney & Teddy was able to change the title to "Hold Me"..i thought once a track is copyrighted you couldnt change the name..its a very rare occurence of it happening..I much prefer Diana's version to Whitneys
"Any Where You Run To" is nice,if not special, its well produced and has a good vocal from Diana and some popping drums
"Iam Me" this track is growing on me.. love the soft reggae beat and it has a nifty bass - again Diana is doing backing vocals which are at a nice volume down level mix in the track

Overall it thought it was a pleasant listen[[apart from the horrific Fool For) Diana as a producer obviously excels at arranging double - vocals for herself and she is competent at selecting good musicans that perform - not outstanding results but Im glad I finally have this album