Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
Something I noticed in reading the '70s set lists [and it's definitely not some major revelation for most] is that Up The Ladder To The Roof didn't seem to get much full performance. Sure, it was included in their hit medley, but you see a full version of Everybody's Got The Right To Love included over and over again, but not Up. I don't get the reasoning behind marginalizing UTLTTR and pushing EGTRTL. The latter plods along where as the former is more of a 'get up and dance' track. Odd choices, IMO.
i agree. I think Ladder was added to the "Hits Medley" early on so that it would cover both the 60s and 70s. and it made an exciting ending to that medley.

And i wonder if maybe Jean liked Everybody? maybe it was a fav? just guessing here. But they did also include those breakout lines for M and C [[later L).

Ladder definitely should have remained a standalone song. it's just too damn good and too powerful of a song. Jean really could SANG that one. And it doesn't suffer the problem of trying to replicate a unique sound or style like Nathan. any orchestra could do Ladder justice.