The attraction to music is, as Ollie pointed out, subjective. Of course Diana's voice, as lead vocalist, is always going to be a star of the show, but for many folks, the singer's voice can only carry the song so far. There's a lot that goes into making a song popular. I'd opine that thoughts regarding any of these songs might change if the lyrics weren't written by HDH or music played by the Funk Brothers, both of which are often integral to the popularity of many of the Supremes hits. I wonder what the thoughts would be if Diana were singing songs at Stax written by Isaac Hayes or David Porter and being backed up by Booker T and the MGs.

In any case, perhaps I'm the minority in this forum on this one, so I'll just have to wear that crown. Diana Ross is icing on a Supremes cake for me, but I've never been a fan of icing alone, so it's the combo of the icing and the cake that make this group my favorite. To add, I also find the Funk Bros to be an ingredient of the cake. I find the Supremes a tad less appealing when not fronting that marvelous band. [["Love Is Here and Now You're Gone", not a Funk Bros cut, is easily in my top 5 favorite Supremes hits, go figure.)