I always hated that the group went to extremes with their successes. Diana was lead on their hit singles, so she sang lead on everything. They were a hit with the supper club venues, so they mainly played supper club venues. They made money off touring, so they toured nonstop.

I always wonder if they would have done even better if they would have cut back on the touring similar to the Beatles. Maybe not completely like the Beatles but only do a few special tours per year. Do the clubs for one tour. Play the bigger venues for the fans for one tour. An overseas tour. And a two-three month break in between. I think this would have eased up the tensions in the group greatly. Playing Vegas in late '66 was a big deal but I think after that they should have taken a break. Still make a TV appearance for each single release.

I would have kept Diana as lead on the singles but give Mary and Flo more album cuts. I love Diana's voice but when listening to an album with just her singing lead on every song can kinda get stale. No duet albums. The Supremes are big enough they don't need to duet. A duet single? Okay I'll go for that. Cut back on the special albums after '66 with the exception of Rodgers and Hart making it a double album.

I would have kept some standards in the shows like Somewhere and People but cut out most of the other ones. Maybe keep in You're Nobody for the comedic factor. And change the set list up for every tour.

I also would have cut back on the gowns after 1966. Maybe wear them for the first half of the show and then change into street wear for the last half. By 1968, it really was starting to come off as corny.