[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  21.1 KB
    No. The Brothers of Soul were Fred Bridges, Richard Knight, and Bobby Eaton [[all from Detroit). The Creations were Gerald Dickerson, Charles Boyd, and 2 other singers, all from Chicago. As I explained above, The Creations[[Chicago group), brought to Chicagoan, Ric Williams' Zodiac/Aquarius/Boo Records by Jo Armstead, along with Detroit producer/arranger, Mike Terry, and Detroit songwriters, Bridges, Knight & Eaton, were originally supposed to record "A Dream". But, for some reason, Bridges, Knight, & Eaton ended up doing the vocals, but the group name, The Creations was still used on the record. Bridges, Knight & Eaton [[who later became "The Brothers of Soul") had written the song, and as was their usual method, had sung the demo guide tape for the artists to use to learn it. Apparently, Armstead liked their demo enough to put that over the BG track and release it. Or, maybe The Creations couldn't make the session, and Armstead had them record, rather than waste the studio fee money?

The Creations releases were:

"Oh Baby"/"Plenty Of Love" [[Globe 1000)

"Just Remember Me"/"Times Are Changing" [[Globe 102) A Vietnam song-their biggest chart record

"I've Got To Find Her"/"Times Are Changing" [[Globe 103)

The "Creations" on Zodiac 105 was "A Dream"/"Footsteps"

So, the Brothers of Soul sang that song but under The Creations name. I can see how that would cause confusion. They must have done it again on another song. The reason that I asked the question about them also being The Creations concerns a song played on WVON on 8/29/67. The voices [[lead singer, back ground and music) are exactly like The Brothers of Soul other songs. There is no mistake of that. The DJ [[Bill "Butterball" Crane) said, "I hear foot steps and these are The Creations." The song was "Foot Steps." The world of music with it's many changes here and there, can cause a lot of mistakes.
    Last edited by mr_june; 08-11-2020 at 02:05 PM.