So, I first heard "Dance Fever" on a bootleg someone gave me back around 2001. Hated it. Absolutely hated it. Then comes the released mix on the LYG set. Still hated it. Absolutely hated it. Probably didn't even listen all the way through since the song wasn't new to me, and never bothered to listen to it again. But last night as I was listening to music, "Dance Fever" comes on and rather than quickly skip it, I figured to just let the music play. Imagine my surprise when I realized I was really digging this song. Everything about it, Scherrie's fantastic vocals, the background vocals, the track, everything was getting to me. It sounds like something the Pointer Sisters might have done around that time. Very funky.

While the Scherrie years produced some good to great music, very little of it I feel would've given the girls a surefire hit. I'm convinced that if "Dance Fever" had hit the street this may have been the cut that put the Supremes back on top. But I'm interested in what you all think about it.