This is one of the most dramatic/classiest outputs of the Supremes [[in my opinion). As a young kid listening to it on the radio and later from the album I was able to get, I always had a couple of questions about this production?

1. What special technique [[or vocals) were used to get that heavenly/ethereal sound of the female voices in the intro and during the choruses under the spoken lines? Is it Mary and Florence? Are these voices being combined with some other special instrument[[s) to get that sound?
2. As a kid, I thought that the "cough" sounds that Diana made after the spoken lines were just the result of a switch in the studio that was being turned off making the static sound. I recall a few years after this, Diana used to use the hiccup technique a lot, however, I don't recall her doing in in concert quite as much during this particular time period [[1966-67).
3. I don't have my Expanded booklet available so I don't recall where the instrumental track was recorded. If it was all done in the Snakepit, I guess several sessions were necessary to get all of those instruments in the final product.