A few years back, there was a significant amount of press announcing the release of Mary Wilson's "Clarity" album, which she recorded with the help of Holland Dozier. I particularly remember a story in Goldmine wherein Ms. Wilson discussed the album and a release date was mentioned. Of course, that date came and went with no album. Then, there were announcements that the album would be called "Life's Been Good To Me," and the title track and a second one "Darling Mother [[Johnny Mae)" were released digitally. Still no album. What happened? Why was the album never released? Is there any hope of it ever coming out?

I cannot understand why artists spend the time and money to record these albums, then fail to release them, even if only digitally. Wouldn't it be better to put the music out and sell a few copies than to never even release it?

Footnote: After the "Life's Been Good" album failed to come out, Mary did have a single with Sweet Feet Music [["Time To Move On") which charted in the dance field. Sweet Feet is now issuing some Facebook ads saying that Supremes fans have something to look forward to from them soon. They say "things are gonna get 'red hot' really soon." Perhaps this is new Mary music or it could be some re-mixed tracks...