Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
dba, I also saw The Supremes quite a bit during the same period and at the same places.

At The Carousel Theatre in Framingham, when they appeared with Stevie Wonder in 1969, I saw them three times that week. Opening night they wore the Right On gowns. It was street-clothes the following evening. I forget what they wore closing night. I remember in 1967, when they appeared there with The Temptations, they wore black tuxedos!

At BC, I think it was October 3, 1969, I saw the first show, they wore the Let The Sunshine In gowns from GIT. I was a bit disappointed because I had seen them a week or two before at UMass Amherst, where I attended school, during which they wore the same gowns, also for the first show.

I always thought they wore casual outfits for summer theater on occasion. I also figured it was for a tax write-off so they could claim some of their personal clothes as a business expense. Of the 10 times I saw them I only recall once or twice in which they wore different outfits and not gowns [[or tuxedos!).
So it sounds like you were from the Boston area. Did you attend Diana's first shows at the Caesar's Monticello in late Feb. 1970?

Didn't know they played Amherst a week or two earlier. I loved the Carousel. I too saw the show with the Temps. Top ticket price was something like $6.50.

Now I really need to spend a little time seeing if I can find those photos.

Let's keep posts like this one from being over shadowed by the usual group of hateful posters who really don't care about the music, all they care about is their own agendas.