Yes, I know this song has been marinated, iced, boiled, microwaved, scrambled, etc. so many times in this forum, however, I was coming with another idea [[unless this, too, has been covered).

I have always loved the recording [[stereo and mono) versions, and as others have stated, wondered why it was never released as a single or even hardly showed up on as many compilations as so many of the other 'b sides/songs.'

Upon listening to it again, however, I don't feel that forward punch [[compression) aurally as in the other singles that were released. Also, it sounds more like a west coast Motown production as opposed to the snakepit sound. Even before the GoGo liner notes were released, I had picked up that sound on many of the tracks of the Go Go album. Not an indictment; just an observation.

I wonder if anyone has done an edit of "Going Down for the Third Time" in an effort to mimic the sound that was used for the singles that were being released at that time using elements like compression, equalization, etc. I bet an even more awesome and 'killer' track could be made!