Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
Are you serious? I grew up in Raleigh but the only time I would pull for State was if they were not playing Carolina and only then, when Valvano was coaching. A good friend was State's first Black basketball player but he and Norm Sloane butted heads and he quit. I knew the next one [[Al Heartley) because his brother was the basketball coach at my high school and my best friend dated Ed Leftwich [[the 3rd Black player back then) and ended up marrying Bill Chamberlain. [[UNC) My daughter was good friends with Brad Daugherty when he was at UNC. I'm Dean Dome all the way, although I have been known to pull for Duke. LOL

I use to like pro b- ball back in the day mainly because I either knew or was familiar with many of the players from my area. After Jordan left, pro ball lost it's appeal for me.
Been on the bandwagon since 1981. Love the Heels above every other sports team. I have a nephew who is a fan of dook college and I'm still debating whether to keep him. I mean, he's young, right? And I don't hate State. In fact, most years I love them to death, bless their little hairy hearts.

I struggle when trying to come up with a list of my top 10 favorite North Carolina players. Every time I think I know who they are, somebody like Brice Johnson, Marcus Paige, Joel Berry II, Justin Jackson, Harrison Barnes, Kendall Marshall, Ty Lawson, Ray Felton, Sean May, or even Reggie Bullock and Danny Green pops up to screw with my consideration. Least favorite? Easy, that's Rashad McCants.