[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HDH and the Use Of Terra Shirma

With the up and coming release of the complete Hot Wax & Invictus output due out soon, I thought I'd ask a question I've been meaning to ask Ralph for ages!

What prompted HDH to change their minds [[or did they?) and use Terra Shirma to record tracks for their fledgling new label?

The reason I ask is that I remember on the old forum [[a long time ago!) whilst Lawrence Horn was being discussed, Ralph mentioned when HDH where looking for a studio to use, Horn, came over to assess it for potential use, but basically dismissed it saying or implying that 'It was not up to scratch', from a technical point of view.

Clearly that was not the case, but I assume he reported back to HDH and gave them his opinion?

So, did HDH initially decline to use it, or did they go against Horn's advice and judge the quality of Terra Shirma for themselves?

And in another thread I found on the old forum, Ralph mentions that Horn, [[although HDH's Chief Engineer and present at the sessions) actually didn't do much [[if any) in the way of recording or mixing the tracks, but was acting as some sort of 'Technical Advisor' to them.

I must admit, I found that a bit puzzling, given his former position at Motown, and his new position at Hotwax/Invictus!

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by bradburger; 03-23-2014 at 09:40 PM.