John Ellison, the Soul Bros 6 lead singer is in the UK this week to play 3 shows.
I'm gonna see him Sunday in Reading but he's on before that up north.
John was born in West Virginnia, relocated to Rochester [[where he joined the Soul Bros 5 to make them the Soul Bros 6). The group played loads of live gigs around the Rochester area and had 45's out via local labels / contacts [[Fine / Lyndell). They were signed by Atlantic and went to Philly to record. Some fine tracks & a big hit [["Some Kind of Wonderful) soon followed. But the group fell out of favour at Atlantic and so next signed with Phil LA of Soul back in Philly. More tracks escaped but in 1972, John split from the group and relocated to Hamilton [[Canada). He had a 45 out in Canada on GRT [["Dazz") and continued to play live.
He got on with his life and got more into his other interest in life, food. He turned to playing the blues circuit whilst developing a food company. He did well in both fields and has played numerous blues gigs across Canada, the US & Europe. He got back into recording around 25 years ago and has had 3/4 albums out in that time. He wrote a book about his life & this is still available.
As I said he's here in the UK this week & I for one can't wait to see him perform.
BTW, the other members of the SB6 are spread across the US now. Ex member Lester Freeman lives in the Tampa area of Florida and he also still performs [[or did up until the last couple of years).

Attachment 7238