What a wonderful surprise at the end of Diana's concert tonight. Diana came back on stage and said that she got an e-mail from Gloria Gaynor about I WILL SURVIVE. She said that Gloria was backstage. We, the audience, seemed not to believe her and she said something like, "No, really, she is here".

Gloria came out and Diana handed her the microphone and Gloria sang her hit. Then Diana wanted to join in, but there was only one microphone and Gloria wasn't givin' it up. Someone off stage handed Diana a mike and then the two of them sang the song together. Then Diana's background singers moved up front and they joined in too.

It was quite a magical moment and the whole thing was put together quickly. Gloria is from Newark and so this is probably a one time thing. Many people were recording and I am sure someone will post it on You Tube.

We usually sit in front orchrestra for concerts and plays but got the tickets a little late and had to settle for box seats. But they turned out to be better seats because we could see Diana up close and the entire audience too. So we got two shows in one. Diana continually turned up the lights to see the faces of the audience.

The set was basically the same as mentioned in other threads except that there was a solo sax of Look of Love which she joined and sang to after she made a gown change. Her voice was excellent on the Supremes songs. I don't know why anyone would go see a Supremes tribute show or even former Supremes singing these hits while they can still see the voice on the records do them herself. The clarity of her voice was much better on the Supremes songs than on some of hers, like THE BOSS.

I can't ever remember Diana singing SOMEDAY in concert. I guess we can each thing of a reason why she doesn't sing it, but I wish she would. It was my favorite Supremes song.

Hopefully, the Gloria/Diana Survive duet will be posted soon. Loved the show.

Loved the show. In another thread I said that Gladys Knight talks too much in concerts. Diana doesn't talk enough.

She seems to be appearing everywhere. If she comes to your area, try not to miss her