Hello Girls and Guys!!! Tonight...a MOST exciting show for me. I have had many Motown guests who generously shared stories of their careers with Motown, but never a guest who professionally and, many times, personally touched the careers and lives of so many Motown artists during Motown's heyday. Tonight, on "Nightflight", I am honored to have live with me soprano Louvain Demps, member of Motown's Rayber Voices, and then, along with Jackie Hicks and Marlene Barrow created one of the most important and enduring elements of The Motown Sound...the Andantes!
There was virtually no credit given to the Andantes at the time for their background vocal performances on Motown records....the number of Andantes performances recorded for many other Motown artists are estimated as between 10,000-20,000...not to mention the many number one hits on which they sang!
So please join me tonight, as I welcome a member of my FAVORITE Motown group...the Andantes' Louvain Demps...on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and we stream live in digital stereo at www.womr.org
Thanks so much...and Happy Holidays....MY Christmas present has arrived early!
John
PS...no phone calls tonight, please....I will be talking with Louvain on the phone.
And please feel free to post your questions for Louvain here on this thread...Louvain has agreed most generously
to answer them if she can...be NICE , Folks! Thanks!
Name:  rrr.jpg
Views: 1805
Size:  46.4 KB
Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston and
literally backing them up...the Andantes!
Name:  the_andantes_bdh.jpg
Views: 1951
Size:  78.8 KB
from L...Marlene, Louvain and Jackie...the Andantes!