Although I'm excited that a musical featuring the Motown catalog will finally make it to the Broadway stage, I am disappointed in the general plot of the show. I know it's Berry's story and he has every right to tell it the way he should, but I'm afraid lots of die-hard Motown fans like us are going to be disappointed when important people who have played a role in Motown's success will be portrayed as "extras." The characters of Berry and Diana singing Marvin and Tammi duets to each other just don't gel with me. It just doesn't seem work in my mind. It takes away from Marvin and Tammi's success being told. Now, I'll admit I haven't seen the show or any preview so I can't judge ahead of time, but I feel a musical with Motown songs would work better with a plot that's completely unrelated to the Motown story [[ex. "Mamma Mia" using ABBA songs.) A plot with fictional characters and a unique, different love story with Motown songs woven in would have worked better, in my honest opinion. I still wish the musical all success and hope it becomes a Broadway smash!