[REMOVE ADS]

Soul generation - ray of hope - vocal brilliance

Despite what some might say, we will never see the like of this kind of brillance again.... the great thing is it's all here, recorded for posterity, for us to enjoy... if you like vocal groups and orchestration, this is an absolute peach!

I was just about to log off to start dinner when I saw this. I have The Soul Generation on cd,
    Mike, and they've always been one of my favorite groups. They ruled New York and Jersey
    back in the day with their classic hits Body and Soul and [[If I Had ) A Million Dollars neither
    of which I think anyone ever had to nerve to cover. Cliff Perkins had maybe the most flexible and strong falsettos I've hear in my life and I'm including members of The Delfonics,Miracles, Dramatics, Chilites and The dang Temptations...The blow that Rascals song clear outta the water too. Excellent taste, you have...

Hi Splanky, here's a live video of the Rascals performing the song this year..... certainly is a great composition, the vocals on the video are a little frayed in places but it is a difficult song to sing, and after all these years.....

and Splanky, here's another fabulous recording by The Soul Generation.... love this one on headphones for the vocal separation.....

Unsung, and underrated group. I know Cliffy Perkins through his sister who was a friend when I lived in Jersey City, Cliffy came by her house sometimes. "Body andSoul" is my fav!

S.S.
    Last edited by Soul Sister; 09-09-2013 at 10:31 PM.

SS... Body And Soul

Thank you, MIKE-UK.

S.S.

released last year..... new Soul Generation Featuring Cliff Perkins
    http://www.mauricewatts.com/store/soulgenerationcd.html

and a sample track.... falsetto intact!