[REMOVE ADS]

Tina Turner On Oprah's Next Chapter This Sunday

Oprah will interview Tina Turner this Sunday. She tells Oprah that Ike changed her name to Tina Turner so that he owned the name and if she ran away, she could not use the name.

Well, as we know, she did run away eventually with just 26 cents in her pocket. In the divorce settlement , she agree to pay off all of Ike & Tina Turner debts if she could retain her name.

It seems that Berry Gordy took a page out of Ike's book. He also wanted many of his groups to change their name, which he then owned.

When the Supremes were thinking of leaving Motown in the seventies, they would have left their name behind. When the Tempts went to Atlantic, I think they had to leave future royalties behind in order to keep the name.

Tina Turner had a very interesting life. This interview should be fascinating. I already set my DVR to record OWN at 9pm on Sunday.

No doubt, fans of Tina Turner interested in catching this rare interview may know that the broadcast is set for 6 p.m. today, if you live on the West Coast. Nothing is more disappointing than missing a program because of not factoring in the time zone differences. Thanks Milven for the original heads up on this, as I wouldn't have known.

I just finished watching the Oprah interview with Tina Turner. I've often wondered "What Love Has To Do With it," and the lovely and eloquent Tina laid out her philosophy on life, and now I feel enlightened. While I regret that she won't likely "be standing still, in pretty dresses singing" anytime soon, I am thrilled for her happiness. We all have to make peace with ourselves, and our past, in order to move forward to the next stage of our lives. Tina seems to have achieved that.

I'm also quite proud that Canadian singer Bryan Adams sang one of his compositions for Tina at her wedding. She obviously has a close friendship to ask that favour.

Many years ago on Much Music [[Canada), Tina was asked about her Buddhist chanting and actually shared a one minute sample. Thank goodness I had a VCR hookup and managed to capture that special event. I've since transferred the sound to digital format. She has always been real, and a has set a fine example for all.
    Last edited by R. Mark Desjardins; 08-26-2013 at 01:14 AM.

This was a great interview. The best interview that I've seen Tina give. She is in a good place in her life. I really enjoyed it.
    Last edited by skooldem1; 08-26-2013 at 12:36 AM.

I just finished watching it too. She sounded very happy. It seems that she worked hard all her life to get to this place in her life and she is content and happy.

She put a lot in a lot of energy to give the public Tina Turner. I'm glad that she is content and happy.

If anyone missed the telecast, check it as it reruns.

It'll be on again at midnight on the east coast [[probably 9 pm on west coast)

This is a good show if anyone sees it they will not be dissapointed.

It ws real good, I am happy for her!!!

9:00 PM in Vegas.

S.S.

I love Tina Turner. She not only is one of my favorite artists but I have so much admiration for her. She went through hardships and struggles in her life but she got up and believed enough in herself to turn a bad situation around. She is now in a place in her life where I believe she's always wanted and needed to be. I applaud her. God bless you, Tina!
    Last edited by no_place_like_motown; 08-26-2013 at 01:25 PM.

I liked that she gave a shout out to Miss Robbie. She remembered Miss Robbie as a true friend who helped her when she needed it. I was also happy to hear that she is working With a group in her hometown of starting the museum that the town's people have wanted for years. It will do a lot for the town economically. It's a little town not far from Memphis.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-26-2013 at 11:01 AM.

as a BIG Tina Turner fan since the early 60's, I enjoyed the interview & happy that Tina is truly happy.Also happy about the shout out to Miss Robbie...I always thought that woulkd be a great episode for Tina to come to Sweetie Pies. You sure could tell that pant suit she had on was EXPENSIVE!

this will be telecast again tomorrow

sunday, october, 13 th

The upcoming 10/19 episode of WELCOME TO SWEETIE PIE'S [[9pm est on OWN) will included Robbie's response to Oprah's interview with Tina Turner.

wow I Was hoping that Tina would make a surprise visit to the Upper Crust... that would make a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    wow I Was hoping that Tina would make a surprise visit to the Upper Crust... that would make a great show.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that happened at some point. Rumors are flying that Oprah wants Tina to entertain at her upcoming 60th birthday celebration. A trip to St. Louis to Sweetie Pie's isn't so far-fetched.