[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Weldon, RIP. Condolences to family and friends.

Ladies and Gentlemen.....

I dreaded this day but sadly it has come. All I know is Weldon was a great man and a great friend to me as he was to many of us. Just like most people of the fourm I would speak to Weldon over the phone and yes he would have great stories because he was such a great storyteller, but more than that he would ask how your mother was doing, is your sister okay, how is your family. Weldon is a legend and I don't think there is anyone on this fourm that knows the truth about what Weldon has done will dispute that. I will always keep the legend of this great man alive, but I will keep in my heart is the great friend he was. Weldon was a true friend to me at one of the most difficult points of my life, and it wasn't Weldon the legend I was talking to....it was Weldon the man, Weldon the friend that reached out to me, and those are the moments and memories that will forever stay with me. Weldon was the big man with the big heart and I know everyone will remeber him the way they choose, but for me he will forever be the big man with the big heart. Weldon I love you, I will miss you, and I will forever keep you in my heart as you became a member of my family. My prayers and condolences go out to his son and his granddaughters. If you knew Weldon then you know the sun rose and set on his family and I know this a most difficult time for them. I still can't believe I'm writing this but......

Rest In Peace

Weldon Arthur McDougal III [[My Main Man) :-)

T.L. Harris

pshark Guest
    Wow, I was hoping he'd pull through.
    RIP Mr McDougal

I'll never forget all the stories and advice Weldon has given me the few years I've know him. He was a one of a kind man with a big heart. Weldon told it like it was... He's the reason why I started doing interviews.

R.I.P Weldon I'll never forget you buddy!

Colton Thomas

Name:  33669_1541507772391_1075841832_1511339_7456608_n.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  73.7 KB

Let's all remember to keep Weldon's family in our prayers - it's gotta be so difficult for them. We all loved Weldon & our hearts are heavy.

MsJoys:

You made an excellent point. It has definitely been a difficult time for the family. Weldon's son who is also named Weldon, has been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love for Weldon, as well as the sentiments expressed here on SDF.

As most may know, Weldon was in the hospital for 2 months & you can imagine the costs involved. Please let me stress that while flowers are very lovely & beautiful, they're not what is needed at this point in time. Many of Weldon's fans have asked what they could do to help. For the reasons mentioned above, ALL donations would be greatly appreciated & would BEST help the family through this difficult crisis. THAT would be the best way to help support Weldon, his family & to honor his legacy.

For those who are interested in contributing to the final family arrangements for Weldon Arthur McDougal III, please feel free to express your love with a donation to...

Weldon A. McDougal
    P.O. Box 23960
    Phila, Pa 19143

Postal Money Order or cashier check are preferred.

A very sad time. I didn't know Weldon, but he often responded to my posts with kindness. In the photos I saw of him, always that big smile. What a wonderful man and a guy with quite a soulful legacy. Thanks Weldon!

RIP Weldon...

WOW!!
    Like all of us, I was praying that he would pull through.
    RIP Dear Warrior.
    You did indeed, fight the good fight of faith.

What !! I am sad to hear this news. This breaks my heart. R.I.P. to one of the great Philly Soul Men. Weldon will be missed by us all.

pshark Guest

Welcome to the email edition of the Soul-Patrol Times, which contains 7 days worth of announcements. The Soul-Patrol Times is also available on the front page of the Soul-Patrol.com website [[look for the scrolling calendar, where there are 30 days worth of announcements) and as an RSS feed [[by clicking on the RSS button near the calendar graphic on the front of the Soul-Patrol.com website).

You can also view the complete calendar month by month view at the following link: http://www.davisind.com/wc

This publication is an "appendix" to the Soul-Patrol Newsletter. The purpose of the Soul-Patrol Times news/information service is to keep you informed with announcements of upcoming events, artist releases, press releases, music downloads, internet broadcasts/chat sessions and other interesting things going on in the world of Great Black Music From The Ancient to the Future .

If you would like us to distribute your information as well, contact Bob Davis via telephone 609-351-0154 or via email earthjuice@prodigy.net

Weldon McDougal - Death of a Record Promoter

Last Friday I was driving on the NJ Turnpike, to NYC and I got a phone call from our friend Bob Lott of Black Entertainment & Music Association [[BEMA) in Philly that Weldon McDougal had passed away. Bob asked me if I had anything written about Weldon that he could send out to his Philly area mailing list.

Weldon McDougal was a person that I spoke with quite a bit over the years, he would call me up on the phone every 3-4 months and we would talk for hours on the phone. Yet I can't say that I knew him very well at all as a person. At the end of each telephone conversation, he would always say the same thing; "Bob you gotta come over to Philly sometime so I can take you to lunch." I never took him up on the offer, so I never met him in person, even though he probably lived but 20 minutes from my house. I suppose that is my loss....

Of course I knew who Weldon McDougal was long before I ever had a telephone conversation with him. He was one of the key record promoters for BOTH Motown and for Philadelphia International, back in the days when the terms "record" and "45" were synonymous in my life.

The term "record promoter" is one of those music industry terms that I had always heard of, but never really understood just what the function was. I had always assumed that somehow this was the "payola guy."

[[continued here...)

uptight Guest
    So sorry to hear this. Prayers go out to his fam.