[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    ... I also knew I pretty much had it right about Diana's concerts.That most complaints are about them being stale and the same old show from decades ago.
    Can't you say that of any artist of a certain age? I saw Gladys and Diana and Mary decades ago and recently [[and many times in between) . Gladys is still singing her hits, Diana is still singing her hits and the hits that she sang as a Supreme and Mary is still singing the Supremes hits. Having sat in the audience for their concerts and not just watching them on YouTube, I know that each of them have subtly changed and evolved their acts. Yeah they sing many of the same songs, but they also add a new one here and there and take out one here or there.

This is also the case with concerts by Johnny Mathis, Neil Sedaka, Barbra Steisand and many others.

The only difference that I can see about what Johnny and Neil and Barbra and Gladys and Mary do and what Diana does, is nothing - except you dislike Diana and MUST knock her at every opportunity.

Keep doing it. It probably puts much needed excitement in your life.

I have Diana's show on DVD from 2010 and that show/tour was not her usual show. What are the other ladies from her generation doing so different in their shows? Gladys, Patti, Tina, Dionne, they all have a standard show. Diana is no different, she is doing her greatest hits now. If and when she releases new material, her show will be a little different. Regarding Mary, her standard oldies show has been pretty much the same for 30 years.

Hey Marv:
    You still get alot of press here in light of the fact that so many have claimed to put you on ignore. They must still care lol!

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    I have Diana's show on DVD from 2010 and that show/tour was not her usual show. What are the other ladies from her generation doing so different in their shows? Gladys, Patti, Tina, Dionne, they all have a standard show. Diana is no different, she is doing her greatest hits now. If and when she releases new material, her show will be a little different. Regarding Mary, her standard oldies show has been pretty much the same for 30 years.
    In 1981, [[32 years ago....) Diana Ross opened her shows with "I'm Coming Out". Does she still open her shows the same way, with that same song?

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Hey Marv:
    You still get alot of press here in light of the fact that so many have claimed to put you on ignore. They must still care lol!
    Detmotownguy, They can't ignore me........I am the reason they are here and stay here! hehehehehehe.......LOL!!!!

This is all about the fact that Diana is about to tour the USA. That article from San Francisco set the usual people off. Like clock work they came in one after the other. It was most likely a 5 minute interview over the telephone to promote her show and the usual suspects ran in here to diss it. It's gonna be a fun month to watch them all foam at the mouth.

Detmotownguy, They can't ignore me........I am the reason they are here and stay here! hehehehehehe.......LOL!!!!
    And this is all you got honey. The only attention you get in life is right here when you trashing Diane Ross all day every day. Pitiful really. lol

This is all about the fact that Diana is about to tour the USA. That article from San Francisco set the usual people off. Like clock work they came in one after the other. It was most likely a 5 minute interview over the telephone to promote her show and the usual suspects ran in here to diss it. It's gonna be a fun month to watch them all foam at the mouth.
    No you can't use that as an excuse for her giving such a lame interview. Maybe she just doesn't know how to conduct an interview. Could that be the problem. No one I know cares if Diana Ross is doing another tour of the USA. No one I know outside of here even realizes that she is not retired. So stop it. I don't care about her touring. People diss it because someone posted the interview like it was going to be something of substance when all it does is make Miss Ross sound like a complete airhead.

No you can't use that as an excuse for her giving such a lame interview. Maybe she just doesn't know how to conduct an interview. Could that be the problem. No one I know cares if Diana Ross is doing another tour of the USA. No one I know outside of here even realizes that she is not retired. So stop it. I don't care about her touring. People diss it because someone posted the interview like it was going to be something of substance when all it does is make Miss Ross sound like a complete airhead.
    She got 512,000 facebook followers and 17000 showing up at the Hollywood bowl to see her this weekend so some folks are interested

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    And this is all you got honey. The only attention you get in life is right here when you trashing Diane Ross all day every day. Pitiful really. lol
    Well at least I use my name and unlike you, go around using the name of Cuban jazz musicians to cover up your real personality and your dirt. Oh yeah "Roberta Fonseca", we know who you are and how you came up with your latest "screen name" and why you are using religion as a part of your lastest "persona". Pitiful ain't the word for you. How about psychotic? LOL!!!!!

Well at least I use my name and unlike you, go around using the name of Cuban jazz musicians to cover up your real personality and your dirt. Oh yeah "Roberta Fonseca", we know who you are and how you came up with your latest "screen name" and why you are using religion as a part of your lastest "persona". Pitiful ain't the word for you. How about psychotic? LOL!!!!!
    Bless you lonely old heart DetroitLive313.

At least Diana Ross ain't playing tacky street fairs, retirement camps and bowling alley openings in East Hell - all dressed up with no damn where to go but farther down or is that up the creek?

Bless you lonely old heart DetroitLive313.
    Oh go on Jonc, it ain't no big deal. You just better hope that you know who doesn't catch onto you.........

Oh go on Jonc, it ain't no big deal. You just better hope that you know who doesn't catch onto you.........
    Nobodys gonna catch onto me marv2 because my name is Roberta Fonseca and Im no cuban Jazz singer. Thats just plain crazy talk. My hertitage is Italian. Now you got a real thing for this jonc character. Did he jilt you or turn you down? You are almost as obesses with jonca as you are Diane Ross. Poor baby I will pray for you and Detroitlive313.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Can't you say that of any artist of a certain age? I saw Gladys and Diana and Mary decades ago and recently [[and many times in between) . Gladys is still singing her hits, Diana is still singing her hits and the hits that she sang as a Supreme and Mary is still singing the Supremes hits. Having sat in the audience for their concerts and not just watching them on YouTube, I know that each of them have subtly changed and evolved their acts. Yeah they sing many of the same songs, but they also add a new one here and there and take out one here or there.

This is also the case with concerts by Johnny Mathis, Neil Sedaka, Barbra Steisand and many others.

The only difference that I can see about what Johnny and Neil and Barbra and Gladys and Mary do and what Diana does, is nothing - except you dislike Diana and MUST knock her at every opportunity.

Keep doing it. It probably puts much needed excitement in your life.
    Its all he got baby.

Link please?

Thanks.

Roberta
    There is no link, dear. It's a little thing that existed before the internet... called the PRINT INTERVIEW.

Shame these posts start of with intelligent comments and observations, and then follows the decent into name calling. Diana is indeed a wonderful charismatic performer, but it really cannot be overlooked that her show as regards loyal fans has now become more than a little tired. It would not take a lot for her to change up songs from Lady Sings The Blues or drop the now mind blowing tedium of I will Survive. It does smack just a little of not much effort for a lot of bucks. She really is better than this. In my experience other performers of her era do not stick quite so rigidly to the exact same format.

I would love for all of you guys to do a show in the park with half a million folk in the house; then let it pour down rain and have to do it again, the next day, in front of another half million. Let's see you guys do that unprepared!

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    There is no link, dear. It's a little thing that existed before the internet... called the PRINT INTERVIEW.
    Right. lolololololol and you and marv2 are the only 2 that read it. Sure. lol

At the hollywood bowl,at lot of those tickets are season tickets,they were already paid for, around the first of the year,i have to give it to Diana,she has die hard fans,who are flying in to see her,at The Hollywood Bowl,this is a big deal for them,i saw her there,maybe two or three years ago,and yes she open with I'm Coming Out lol,i'm sorry Diana makes too much money for that,i didn't go see Return To Love,but i was told when it came to her solo spot in the show,she open with I'm Coming Out,Diana has a big body of work behind her,like the Take Me Higher cd,which i love,she could sang My Baby from the Touch Me In The Morning album,do a whole different show,Diana has a lot to pick from,sure it will cost money,and Diana has lot of it lol,smart lady,it would also take work,maybe she's just not into it,and maybe she never was,and just maybe it was MOTOWNS BERRY GORDY doing,i'm not saying Diana didn't bring it,because she did,oh well i'll be waiting for The Hollywood Bowl reviews,next week,Plese Stay Positive
    Last edited by REDHOT; 07-31-2013 at 11:06 AM.

What better song to open a show up or make an entrance with other than "I'm coming out"? She does switch it up from time to time. In 2010 she opening with "The Boss". In the mid 90's she opened the show with "Take me Higher". She has opened with "It's my turn" and also opened with "Aint no mountain". But for a Diana show many expect her to "come out". No big deal.

I would love a Diana Ross show doing all new songs. But it won't ever happen. She'll throw in the odd new song like Have Fun Again and the song she sang in Chile.

But hardcore fans are not who are going to those concerts; the concert goers are general fans who want the hits and there is no way that songs like Touch Me in the Morning, Baby Love, Stop in the Name of Love, Do You Know Where Your Going To, Ain't No Mountain, Why Do Fools Fall in Love, I'm Coming Out etc. are going out of the show. Those are hugely popular in concert.

A SD concert with rarities would be a treat.

5 rerasons to see Diane Ross in concert.

Diana Ross: 5 reasons to see her in concert
    By Jim Harrington
    jharrington@bayareanewsgroup.com

Posted: 07/30/2013 11:51:20 PM PDT | Updated: 31 min. ago

Click photo to enlargeDiana Ross performs at 8 p.m. Sept. 17 at the Marin Veterans... [[ Provided by Rick Bartalini )
    «123»Diana Ross, one of the most popular and enduring artists in popular music history, is returning to the Bay Area.

The multiplatinum star, who first came to fame with the Supremes, performs Aug. 6 and 7 at Golden Gate Theatre in San Francisco. Tickets are $70-$265 at www.shnsf.com.

Here are five reasons why you might want to see Ross in concert:

1. The Supremes songbook: Simply put, it's one of the best in pop music history. The band delivered so many memorable hits, including "Where Did Our Love Go," "Baby Love," "Come See About Me" and "Stop! In the Name of Love."

2. Her solo songbook: It doesn't compare to the Supremes catalog -- but, then again, very little does.

Still, her solo career has produced such winning singles as "Upside Down," "I'm Coming Out" and "Touch Me in the Morning."

3. Rare occasion: Ross comes around about as frequently as Halley's comet -- at least to San Francisco. Sure, she performed in SF in 2011. Before that, however, one has to go all the way back to 1969 for the last time Ross played the City by the Bay.

4. Great performer: I've had the privilege of seeing Ross in concert and can attest that she knows how to put on a thoroughly entertaining show.

5. Intimate setting: The Golden Gate Theatre should be a fantastic place to see Ross onstage.

Follow Jim Harrington at http://twitter.com/jimthecritic, www.facebook.com/jim.bayareanews and http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/category/concerts.

What better song to open a show up or make an entrance with other than "I'm coming out"? She does switch it up from time to time. In 2010 she opening with "The Boss". In the mid 90's she opened the show with "Take me Higher". She has opened with "It's my turn" and also opened with "Aint no mountain". But for a Diana show many expect her to "come out". No big deal.
    So very true. "I'm coming out" is the perfect song to start the show. Most entertainers would love to have this hit song as their opening. I have seen Diana live in concert over a dozen times since the early eighties and she has opened with many different songs. I also have seen her open with "Aint no mountain" and "It's my turn" as well as "Take me higher". Her last tour she opened with "The Boss". But the perfect opener is "I'm coming out".

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    At the hollywood bowl,at lot of those tickets are season tickets,they were already paid for, around the first of the year,i have to give it to Diana,she has die hard fans,who are flying in to see her,at The Hollywood Bowl,this is a big deal for them,i saw her there,maybe two or three years ago,and yes she open with I'm Coming Out lol,i'm sorry Diana makes too much money for that,i didn't go see Return To Love,but i was told when it came to her solo spot in the show,she open with I'm Coming Out,Diana has a big body of work behind her,like the Take Me Higher cd,which i love,she could sang My Baby from the Touch Me In The Morning album,do a whole different show,Diana has a lot to pick from,sure it will cost money,and Diana has lot of it lol,smart lady,it would also take work,maybe she's just not into it,and maybe she never was,and just maybe it was MOTOWNS BERRY GORDY doing,i'm not saying Diana didn't bring it,because she did,oh well i'll be waiting for The Hollywood Bowl reviews,next week,Plese Stay Positive
    Redhot, I had heard for years that she still opens her shows the same for over 30 years now with "I'm Coming Out". Still thanks for confirming what I had suspected. LOL!!!! She really does need Berry Gordy and Motown running her act because it sounds quite stale.

Don't get me wrong,i know she has to do the hits,she can still do them,with new arrangements,it's like when she changed Love Is Like A Itching In My Hart into Rock,which i still don't like,her die hard fans don't seems to not care,as long as it's Diana Ross,it's nothing wrong with that,they love her,no matter what,oh by the way the person that wrote 5 reasons to see Diana sounds like a die hard fan,i use to love going to see Diana,back in the day,i'm not a Diana Ross hater,i think your right Joebetrob,as far as a new show,it's not gonna happen.Please stay positive

Don't get me wrong,i know she has to do the hits,she can still do them,with new arrangements,it's like when she changed Love Is Like A Itching In My Hart into Rock,which i still don't like,her die hard fans don't seems to not care,as long as it's Diana Ross,it's nothing wrong with that,they love her,no matter what,oh by the way the person that wrote 5 reasons to see Diana sounds like a die hard fan,i use to love going to see Diana,back in the day,i'm not a Diana Ross hater,i think your right Joebetrob,as far as a new show,it's not gonna happen.Please stay positive
    Maybe she could sing "Someday We'll Be Together" and call it a new show?

If I had choices for songs to add to her show that are realistic, fairly well known, not obscure, I would choose:

Come See About Me
    Love Is Like An Itching in My Heart
    Someday We'll Be Together
    Remember Me.

I think she should also put Endless Love back because it is so popular.

I would switch Don't Explain for Strange Fruit or God Bless the Child.

I would shorten the Ease on Down the Road segment and leave the rest of it as it is.

smark21 Guest
    She did perform Come See About Me at Radio City back in 2010 as well as a few other shows for that tour, but then she went back to pretty much her 2007 I Love You show. I’m seeing her Saturday at the Bowl. I hope she mixes things up a bit. But a downside of seeing a vintage artist who was primarily a singles act in their chart heyday is that they generally have to perform a good chunk of hits. On the other, more album oriented veteran acts can get away with doing album cuts. Right now on his current tour, Paul McCartney and his band are playing side 2 of Abbey Road as it was on the album. Somehow I can’t imagine Diana Ross performing Side 2 of Cream of the Crop, or Side 1 of The Force Behind the Power for any of her shows.

I see her in concert constantly and she does change the songs around ever so slightly. I'd also love Remember Me and Someday included in her act. And at this point in her career, it would be nice for her to put Best Years of My Life back in and use it as an encore to thank her fans who gave her a fifty year career.

smark21 Guest
    I think “I Love You” has replaced “Best Years” as her thank you song to the fans.

I think Someday We'll Be Together,One Love In My Lifetime,I Thought A Little Time,Missing You and Didn't We would be great,added to her show,she really could open her show with No one Get's The Prize,and maybe The Happening or Muscles,again Diana has a big body of work,Please stay positive

I feel Diana is now at an age where she does not want to work to hard, but enjoy herself with what she does do. Pleasing the casual concert goers aside, I would have thought that most performing artists would like to be a little creative. I do feel this touches on Diana's lack of any real interest in the vast body of work that has been hers, and perhaps does bring into question her musicality which was mentioned before. I think if tackled about songs, other than hits from any past album and she would not have a clue. Just one or two song changes would keep both the casual and loyal fans happy. Being connected with the arts myself I find it very strange that she appears happy with for the most part with the same routine. True she has had fans foaming at the mouth with a surprise song such as It's Hard For Me To Say or You Are Not Alone, but for the most has played safe for many a year.

ross has been groomed to be an entertainer. she knows her craft well. she does not have an artistic temperament. she would much rather have everybody applaud and spill out her many "i love you's" to the audience. she's at the tail end of her career. don't expect her to change up now! it ain't gonna happen ....

supremester Guest
    She does come across that way because she doesn't care to share her personal feelings on a lot of subjects. I don't think she cares how it looks, either. She cares about Michael & his milieu - why would she discuss it publicly? Only to get attention and she doesn't care that much. Rhonda was on TV recently and was brilliant. In it, she mentioned that there is a lot of stuff "the family keeps to the family." Personally, I never expect much in an interview. There was one interview where the author listed the things that were off limits and it was a lot. It was OK to discuss touring, her age and broiled chicken. LOL. I don't care. These are two of my fave TV interviews:http://www.youtube.com/watch? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAbRwgsh4zg v=qdEnxUbk0mA
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Yet another interview [[no doubt set up beforehand with parameters as to the type of questions the interviewer could ask) in which Diana Ross comes off as shallow and/or guarded.

supremester Guest
    Miss Ross said she recorded im Gonna Make you love Me with Marvin Gaye. Martha said "Diane stole our producers [[HDH) when where did our Love Go hit and they never worked with us again." They get stuff wrong. A lot. Diana has spent a lot more time in the studio than her Motown peers or any peers perhaps and it might all just be a blur by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Oh yes she does... being 6 months off on Lois joining is no big deal, Martha can pretty much sing any song she ever recorded off the cuff. She can tell you what was happenning the day they shot the covers of the album jackets, just all kinds of fascinating stuff.

supremester Guest
    She's very close to Berry & his family. When did she pretend she doesn't hardly rem,ember her Motown days? Oh, that's right - NEVER. LOL!!!!!! Gracious - what a fervent imagination!
    She'll show up at a Motown Musical and get all jammed up and jelly tight with Berry because he's soooo groovy. But then turn around and pretend like she doesn't hardly remember anything about her Motown days. LOL!!!!!!

supremester Guest
    I was there and you're right, the 2010 show at The Fox was the same as 2000 except in 2010 she took out: He Lives In You, You Keep Me Hanging On, Chain Reaction, Mirror, Mirror, reach out i'll be There, My Man, Good Morning Heartache, God Bless The Child and I Cried For you. Then added: More Today Than Yesterday, The Boss, Love Child, Come See About Me, Fine and Mellow, Don't Explain, The Look Of Love, Take Me Higher, Ease On Down The Road, It's Hard For Me To Say, It's My House, I Love You, Reach Out & Touch and You Are Not Alone along with a 3 level, light up stage with elevator, giant rear screen video screen, wing and fly screen catchers with 3 separate programs for the video, plus stage and catchers lighting. Also new were the live string and horn section plus the electric violin. Also there were separate tributes to Motown Legends and MJ....Other than that, it was exactly the same. LOL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Well Marv you have a point. Back in 90's we used to own a suite at the Fox and got see many great acts such as Stevie, Aretha, and many Jazz. The last time I saw Ross there it was basically the same show we had all seen over the 10 years. It was very boring. However, I remember one decent show at the Ford Auditorium in the mid 70's with the Jones Girls backing her up. The stage was set up like Hollywood Squ
    ares and was quite creative.
    Last edited by supremester; 08-02-2013 at 12:56 AM.

supremester Guest
    You making up some of it - which, for, you, is about par. The Gibbs NEVER said "unprofessional", they said, "unprepared." So that's one lie. [[So far LOL!!!) They were not only referring to being on top of the material, but the fact that the dates came on the heels of extended World Tour arena dates for Swept Away and she had not taken care of her vice. They were shocked to learn she did not have a vocal coach or trainer - and, since they were and remain big admirers, sad. It seems the Motown PR was right on the money as Mrs. Powell, Cholly, Gil, Harvey, Marvin, Smokey, Martha, Oscar winning Director Tony Richardson, Betty Kelly and Katherine all have stated how hard Diana Ross worked. Just to name a few. Nor was she accused of being habitually late to rehearsals and meetings pissing everyone else off and then complaining she wasn't being given enough to do. Just sayin.........
    Jill is not making it up. I've heard the same thing. The Gibb Brothers were shocked at how unprofessional and how unprepared diana ross was when they worked with her in the 80's. It seems all that Motown PR about Diane being such a hard worker or working the hardest was just plain urban myth.

I have never read that the Gibb brothers are still fans of M's Ross Hmmmm. I do remember reading that recording sessions clashed with I think Diana appearing at the Music Awards and the brothers were not happy that she jetted off for those in the middle of EA sessions. They have definitely been quoted as saying that Diana was indeed very ill prepared for the sessions in that she had not done her homework and learnt the lyrics to certain songs and they would not be working with her again. I'm sure they are all friends now but that seems to be what was going down at the time. I think Diana's voice sounds sexy on EA which I consider her best for RCA.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    You making up some of it - which, for, you, is about par. The Gibbs NEVER said "unprofessional", they said, "unprepared." So that's one lie. [[So far LOL!!!) They were not only referring to being on top of the material, but the fact that the dates came on the heels of extended World Tour arena dates for Swept Away and she had not taken care of her vice. They were shocked to learn she did not have a vocal coach or trainer - and, since they were and remain big admirers, sad. It seems the Motown PR was right on the money as Mrs. Powell, Cholly, Gil, Harvey, Marvin, Smokey, Martha, Oscar winning Director Tony Richardson, Betty Kelly and Katherine all have stated how hard Diana Ross worked. Just to name a few. Nor was she accused of being habitually late to rehearsals and meetings pissing everyone else off and then complaining she wasn't being given enough to do. Just sayin.........
    Can you actually read? Where do I put "words" in the Gibbs Brothers mouths? Read my post word for word and show me where I quote the Gibbs Bros.? After that experience they could not stand her! That just put them in the category of most normal people that have come into contact with Miss Ross.

If she worked as hard as you seem to believe, then maybe she needed to! Those with true, natural talent would not have to work THAT hard!

Oh and in case you just can't grasp the concept......turning up to a recording session not knowing the lyrics to the songs you were given weeks, months earlier is considered unprofessional in the real World!

I can't help but think of the famous story about when Diana made 1980's diana with the Chic team; she apparently did so well with her very first try at the vocals [[while seeing/reading them for the first time even!) that they wanted to release them as is. We all know she disagreed and rerecorded the vocals and remixed the project - if you've not heard the original Chic mixes I recommend you do - it's an interesting listen to compare the two. So even if it's true that early in her career she needed an overabundance of coaching* she obviously evolved as we all do.

*I've always been suspect of those stories myself - I've only heard that a handful of places and it's missing from a lot of obvious places, Mary's books for instance...
    Last edited by ejluther; 08-02-2013 at 09:15 AM. Reason: adding info

...Oh and in case you just can't grasp the concept......turning up to a recording session not knowing the lyrics to the songs you were given weeks, months earlier is considered unprofessional in the real World!
    Perhaps it is. I remember at a pivitol part of the Supremes career when they lost HDH and needed a hit. Berry put together a team of writers and scheduled a recording session for the Supremes right after an extensive tiring tour. They were all tired, especially Diana, who did most of the lead singing in the act. But she went to the sessions, probably "not knowing the lyics to the new song, and ill prepared". She probably had to have quite a few do overs because she may not have been fully prepared and because she was tired after touring. She gave the Supremes a much needed number one hit. She could have just said no to Berry, take a trip to California to buy a house and then travel to Mexico for a much needed vacation. But thanks to that work ethnic, we have Love Chid

Milven i know where you're going with this,i heard all about this, back in the day,but come on,really? everyone here knows i LOVE Mary,but i don't believe Mary all the time,the story she told about Love Child,i don't believe,i think they cut Love Child,and never even thought about Mary and Cindy, at one time MOTOWN[[Berry Gordy)wanted everyone to believe that Diana was the hardest worker,and those two Mary and Florence were lazy lol,really?all that is just PR bull, as far as the chic team goes,they were fans of Diana's,and i never believed that story,Diana didn't like the mix,so she took it back to the studio,and clean some things up,i just don't believe it,SORRY lol,i heard Russ Terrana is the one who did the remixed on the Diana album, i love it ,what i'm trying to say a lot of what we hear from Diana,Mary or any other artist,the record company will say anything to make a artist look good,and the artist will too,Please stay positive

The problems and subsequent remixing of diana is quite well documented by all involved [[and it was Russ Terrana who did the mix that was released in 1980) so I don't know what part of the story you don't believe - that is was Diana herself who didn't like the Chic mixes? You think it was someone else and not Diana but they gave her the "credit"? Is that what you're saying?

In 50 years Diana Ross has worked with countless writers, producers, movie directors, etc. Almost all of them have said how dedicated and focused she is, and how it was great working with her. Of course the usual haters here are focusing on one statement made by someone to try to paint her in a negative light. Anyone have any quotes from these various producers, writers and directors on working with Diana that you'd like to share?

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    I can't help but think of the famous story about when Diana made 1980's diana with the Chic team; she apparently did so well with her very first try at the vocals [[while seeing/reading them for the first time even!) that they wanted to release them as is. We all know she disagreed and rerecorded the vocals and remixed the project - if you've not heard the original Chic mixes I recommend you do - it's an interesting listen to compare the two. So even if it's true that early in her career she needed an overabundance of coaching* she obviously evolved as we all do.

*I've always been suspect of those stories myself - I've only heard that a handful of places and it's missing from a lot of obvious places, Mary's books for instance...
    You left out a part of that story! She recorded most of the tracks at Power Station recording studios in NYC. That studio was owned by Jon Bon Jovi's cousin [[or other relative). He happened to be hanging around the studio during Ross' sessions. I don't remember yet how it happened but Miss Ross cursed the Hell out of the young Bon Jovi. He has told the story several times about his experience with her when he was just 18-19 years old.........

In 50 years Diana Ross has worked with countless writers, producers, movie directors, etc. Almost all of them have said how dedicated and focused she is, and how it was great working with her. Of course the usual haters here are focusing on one statement made by someone to try to paint her in a negative light. Anyone have any quotes from these various producers, writers and directors on working with Diana that you'd like to share?
    You have to keep in mind that Dianes #1 hater has been constantly repeating fabrications and lies about Diane . There was the one that Diane is broke because of her asspocciation with Bernie Madoff which is not only a lie but slander. His fanatical obsession with Diane Ross is real sick and real pathetic but also sad and pitiful. Its just not healthy.

Roberta

Milven i know where you're going with this,i heard all about this, back in the day,but come on,really? everyone here knows i LOVE Mary,but i don't believe Mary all the time,the story she told about Love Child,i don't believe,i think they cut Love Child,and never even thought about Mary and Cindy, at one time MOTOWN[[Berry Gordy)wanted everyone to believe that Diana was the hardest worker,and those two Mary and Florence were lazy lol,really?all that is just PR bull,
    You do understand! That is great.