[REMOVE ADS]

New from La La Brooks...

La La Brooks, former lead singer of the Crystals, has a new single available from Norton Records. It's the old Rolling Stones song, "Play With Fire". It can be ordered on the Norton Records website.

nortonrecords.gostorego.com

Just interviewed La La yesterday. She's a little tweaked over Darlene Love claiming credit for Da Doo Ron Ron.

I don't know why Darlene says that. Maybe because Da Doo Ron Ron is better known than He's A Rebel. She's got a great resume--Sinatra, Elvis, etc. Why take credit and steal thunder from someone else. It is clearly La La on the hit recording of Da Doo Ron Ron. Original Crystal Barbara Alston wrote a book a few yrs. back and the story she tells of Darlene recording records, two, issued by the Crystals, is the story Dee Dee Kenniebrew of the original and current Crystals has always told me.

La La was wondering the same thing. Seems it gave Darlene some cred for a musical she was performing in to claim that song.

I have always wondered where to get that Barbara Alston book I dont remember it coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I have always wondered where to get that Barbara Alston book I dont remember it coming out.
    I think I ordered it from Amazon. IMO, it wasn't all that great. It started off ok, but I lost interest when she started offering her opinions on every subject under the sun.
    Last edited by reese; 07-29-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Barbara Alston's book was the worst I have ever read by a singer--so bizarre you began to wonder if shes ok.