[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    smark21 Guest
    Well she has set up deals with itunes and amazon for digital releases of Life’s Been Good to Me and Darling Mother so she and her business manager really need to finalize a deal to get the rest out there so she can stop promoting what has been, until now, a phantom project. And she has made physical cds of her Up Close show so she can certainly get some CDs made of this album to sell on her site and at her shows.

supremester Guest
    I think both of the tracks are from 1999-2000. Certainly the first single has a 90's groove to it and her exquisite vocal on darling Mother is from long ago. She began to promote this in the summer of 2000 during "that issue between 'sisters." The album is not produced by HDH or written by HDH but IS recorded at their facility with associates of HDH. Mother Darling Mother sports a very impressive vocal.
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Well she has set up deals with itunes and amazon for digital releases of Life’s Been Good to Me and Darling Mother so she and her business manager really need to finalize a deal to get the rest out there so she can stop promoting what has been, until now, a phantom project. And she has made physical cds of her Up Close show so she can certainly get some CDs made of this album to sell on her site and at her shows.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I think both of the tracks are from 1999-2000. Certainly the first single has a 90's groove to it and her exquisite vocal on darling Mother is from long ago. She began to promote this in the summer of 2000 during "that issue between 'sisters." The album is not produced by HDH or written by HDH but IS recorded at their facility with associates of HDH. Mother Darling Mother sports a very impressive vocal.
    Not true! Not true at all........

The project did not even start until March 2003. Also, Richard Davis of the Holland Group is the producer with songwriting credits going to a variety of writers which include but not limited to Angelo Bond, Richard Davis, Brian & Eddie Holland, Paul Hill, etc,etc, etc. The foundation for the songs came mostly from Mary's personal diaries.

It was recorded mostly in Detroit with Detroit based musicians.
    Last edited by marv2; 07-11-2013 at 01:18 AM.

supremester Guest
    I don't believe that Life's Been Good To Me track was recorded in 2003 or after as it sounds 5-10 years behind that. Mary spoke, during RTL & Sophisicated Ladies, of her new album she was doing with HDH. Mary played cuts of Clarity to friends of mine in 2001, I believe - I will verify. And, girlfriend, if I were you, I'd watch using phrases like "not true at all" when, well, you are hardly a slave to veracity. Wasn't it just a week ago you were denying being DetroitLives???? Or 2 years ago you claimed 20,000 plus at a "packed" Coney Island???? People on this list were there. Everytime you use the phrase "Not true! Not true at all" , I will reply with at least two of your classics that qualify for that very moniker.
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post

The project did not even start until March 2003. Also, Richard Davis of the Holland Group is the producer with songwriting credits going to a variety of writers which include but not limited to Angelo Bond, Richard Davis, Brian & Eddie Holland, Paul Hill, etc,etc, etc. The foundation for the songs came mostly from Mary's personal diaries.

It was recorded mostly in Detroit with Detroit based musicians.