[REMOVE ADS]

Talking Ha! I saw "Little Stevie Wonder" on tv yesterday!

This is why I LOVE watching the "beach movies"...It was a real treat to come home from work and catch 2 of them back to back!! I saw Stevie Wonder in Beach Blanket Bingo....Singing something I never heard before - It was sooo cool....

Who was that girl who sang "It Only Hurts When I Cry"? [[She was in the first one called "Bikini Beach")....I seem to remember hearing that song around the time the movie was made - I found it still to be a real toe-tapper, since I can't shake it like "Candy" does anymore - bwaaahh!!

Donna Loren sang It Only Hurts When I Cry. She tried too darn hard to make that song something in my opinion. I've seen photos of Candy Johnson recently. It was not pretty. She spent too much time in the sun.

No kidding Kamasu? What label did she sing under? Was that her only "hit"?

Ya, my mind DID wonder what Candy looked like nowadays....I was gonna ask it somewhere else, but thanks for clearing it up for me, LOLOL!! [[sounds frightening)

Wiki says that Candy passed away in October 2012. Have I got the right lady?

I don't know. The picture I saw was of an older woman. When I said recently, I meant I looked her up just a few months ago.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 07-09-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Yes, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Mr. Xtown,

Yes, you do.

http://popcultureaddict.com/candyjohnson/

Be sure to read the third comment at the bottom of the page

Poor woman died of brain cancer, no wonder she didn't look well in the photo I found. I noticed most of the pictures of her older have vanished from the net. All of those photos of her from her films survive. Maybe that's how she wants to be remembered-forever young. Donna Loren was signed to Capitol Records. There are several CDs of her recordings. I think I read she married well/rich. She still looks good.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 07-09-2013 at 04:56 PM.

I read it Carole Cucumber. A bit sad wasn't it. Another bit of history bites the dust

Thanks for the link.

Kamasu - I did try to look for those more recent pictures but I didn't see them. As you say, it's probably for better that way.

http://popcultureaddict.com/candyjohnson/
    Be sure to read the third comment at the bottom of the page[/QUOTE]

Wow....Just read the article....Incredible....Thanks for the link!

I watched those movies too. At least as much as I could stand. The first movie, Beach Party, was the best of them. The following two, Muscle Beach Party and Bikini Beach were terrible. These are the two that featured Little Stevie Wonder, which was the only good thing about those two. The fourth, Beach Blanket Bingo, was OK. Then they did one called How To Stuff a Wild Bikini. I can't remember how Stevie ended up in those films, but I did have and liked very much his lp, Stevie at the Beach. By the way, there really is a Muscle Beach and a Bikini Beach in Calif. Also, Donna Loren is a very good singer. She has a website and still looks fantastic.