[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson and the Supremes Our Day Will Come questoin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5rdZ67dPAE Are Flo and Diana back there ?

Mary does a beautiful job with the song and sure Diane and Flo are backing her.

I believe it is the Andantes doing background vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I believe it is the Andantes doing background vocals.
    LOL!!!! Why did I feel that coming? LOL!

supremester Guest
    No way is that DianE and Flo. There are a few ooooooos that could be them, but 95% of the bg is definitely not. Mary does a nice, adequate job that shows a lot of promise. It seems very little was put into the production of this track, Mary could have done better with more support on this.

I thought maybe I could hear Flo but not Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    No way is that DianE and Flo. There are a few ooooooos that could be them, but 95% of the bg is definitely not. Mary does a nice, adequate job that shows a lot of promise. It seems very little was put into the production of this track, Mary could have done better with more support on this.
    Mary does a splendid job and you don't shit about who was singing behind her in the studio that day.

That's the second time you've used that profanity on the forum today. What is your problem? Can you not express and control yourself like a grown man rather than cuss at other adults? You are out of control of your emotions because you left out a word.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 07-06-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I thought maybe I could hear Flo but not Diana.
    I think that Luke's theory is closest to the truth.
    From the session logs/cards, as presented in Hip-O/Motown Select's release of "There's A Place For Us" [[Unreleased LP & More):
    The background vocals for 'Our Day Will Come' were recorded on April 17, 1965. On that same day the background vocals for 'Rock-A-Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody' were also recorded. Diana Ross' lead vocals for 'Rock-A-Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody' had already been put on tape on April 13, 1965 and there is no date listed for Mary's wonderful lead on 'Our Day Will Come'.
    On 'Rock-A-Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody', the background vocalists [[to my ear) are Mary & Flo. I think that it is safe to assume that it is also Mary & Flo on 'Our Day Will Come'.
    If Mary's lead had been recorded earlier than April 17, 1965, she could have altered her background tones alongside Flo's to gel with her pre-recorded lead.
    It just doesn't make sense to have Diana in the studio on the 17th and not utilize her voice in the background on both songs or to have Mary step out of/clam up in the studio so that someone else could replace her as background vocalist for 'Our Day Will Come'.

I also thought it was Mary and Flo doing the background vocals for this song, kinda like how they did on "Come And Get These Memories". But at the end of "Our Day Will Come" I can hear a three part harmony going [[reminiscent of the Andantes) but I swear I can hear Flo's lisp and piercing tone at times during the song.
    Last edited by floyjoy678; 07-06-2013 at 07:54 PM.

supremester Guest
    You don't know shit about what I know. You don't know shit period. You MAKE UP shit all the time. Of course the threads get deleted, shall I start another with the things you've claimed over the years - much of it conflicting with other stuff you've made up? Hmmmmmm? I checked with my boyfriend and he agrees that is not Diana and Flo. Since you obviously can't hear who is singing in the bg or even how many are singing, Why don't you call Mary - who you have claimed to be close to and in constant contact with, and ask her who is on this track? And for heaven's sake keep a civil tongue in that filthy mouth of yours. Can you not disagree with someone without using sexist, homophobic, racist or foul language?
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Mary does a splendid job and you don't shit about who was singing behind her in the studio that day.

supremester Guest
    There's a point in the middle where I think I can hear Flo and Diana doing ooooooh's but definitely not elsewhere. I'm guessing that, as a throwaway track, they wouldn't have done two bg vocals like HDH often did.
    Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I also thought it was Mary and Flo doing the background vocals for this song, kinda like how they did on "Come And Get These Memories". But at the end of "Our Day Will Come" I can hear a three part harmony going [[reminiscent of the Andantes) but I swear I can hear Flo's lisp and piercing tone at times during the song.

You don't know shit about what I know. You don't know shit period. You MAKE UP shit all the time. Of course the threads get deleted, shall I start another with the things you've claimed over the years - much of it conflicting with other stuff you've made up? Hmmmmmm? I checked with my boyfriend and he agrees that is not Diana and Flo. Since you obviously can't hear who is singing in the bg or even how many are singing, Why don't you call Mary - who you have claimed to be close to and in constant contact with, and ask her who is on this track? And for heaven's sake keep a civil tongue in that filthy mouth of yours. Can you not disagree with someone without using sexist, homophobic, racist or foul language?
    I know that you don't know shit and that you make most of this stuff up especially when you go into your psychic mode and start telling us what Berry was thinking and what diane was anticipating 45 years ago! The best ones were when you were going into your mind reading/photo reading analysis of the Motown Musical Curtain call and all the bullshit about what Diana Ross was thinking standing next to Mary Wilson crap. LOL! Just making this stuff up!

I'm not calling or texting Mary, working her nerves over no crap like this. Did you enjoy the recording? Well then that's all that really matters. She sounded great on it.
    Last edited by marv2; 07-06-2013 at 08:55 PM.

supremester Guest
    A) I wasn't invited to The Motown Musical and never said I knew what was going on in anyone's head - except yours. People who WERE there speculated and I believe them. B) You are not calling or texting Mary because she does not know you and has said so via email and in person except to say, "I've seen him - THAT'S the guy writing all of those disgusting comments? " C) I like Mary's voice enough on this track but her vocal is, IMHO, uninspired and rather dull. That's why I said she shows promise on it. hey - maybe I AM psychic: I "saw" that Mary had promise and she DID! Send me $500 [[cert check or M.O. ) and I will attempt to read your......"mind." D) I may not be Sylvia Brown but it doesn't take a psychic to know that if something stinks - it's rotten. As my best friend's mom used to say, "A lie don't care who tell it!" E) I'm glad that you enjoy your music with so much, gusto, relish and, uhm, .......noise.
    I know that you don't know shit and that you make most of this stuff up especially when you go into your psychic mode and start telling us what Berry was thinking and what diane was anticipating 45 years ago! The best ones were when you were going into your mind reading/photo reading analysis of the Motown Musical Curtain call and all the bullshit about what Diana Ross was thinking standing next to Mary Wilson crap. LOL! Just making this stuff up!

I'm not calling or texting Mary, working her nerves over no crap like this. Did you enjoy the recording? Well then that's all that really matters. She sounded great on it.

A) I wasn't invited to The Motown Musical and never said I knew what was going on in anyone's head - except yours. People who WERE there speculated and I believe them. B) You are not calling or texting Mary because she does not know you and has said so via email and in person except to say, "I've seen him - THAT'S the guy writing all of those disgusting comments? " C) I like Mary's voice enough on this track but her vocal is, IMHO, uninspired and rather dull. That's why I said she shows promise on it. hey - maybe I AM psychic: I "saw" that Mary had promise and she DID! Send me $500 [[cert check or M.O. ) and I will attempt to read your......"mind." D) I may not be Sylvia Brown but it doesn't take a psychic to know that if something stinks - it's rotten. As my best friend's mom used to say, "A lie don't care who tell it!" E) I'm glad that you enjoy your music with so much, gusto, relish and, uhm, .......noise.
    Look, nice try. I understand that you are having some humongous person issues that you must deal with. I understand that you use this forum and the internet to keep your mind off of them. However, I am not going to be the one to help ya out here by feeding your perverted need to argue with someone , anyone. Like I said, I am not calling Mary with your foolishness and if she told you that, then why not run with her telling you she does not know me and leave it at that? LOL! I am not wasting my time getting into it with you just to help you retain what little bit that is left of your sanity. LOL!

may and marv

I can vouch for the fact that Mary knows Marv personally. Marv introduced me to Mary after a concert,. Mary greeted Marv by name and hugged him warmly. They chit chatted about things and people I did not know.. They are at least aquaitances, but I really think they are friends. I do have the picture Marv took of Mary and I .Please do not discount what Marv posts. I met him and liked him.Marv has inside knowledge about everyone at Motown and is gentleman enough not to share it .Please consider all posts with some merit.Everyone's expieriences are unique.And thanks to Marv I met Mary again.

Very interesting post from Zantellor, who joined the forum in 2010 , but has only posted 16 times since then. He defends Marv and wants to reassure that Marv and Mary Wilson are associates/friends. I believe him. So Then that makes Mary duplicitous in some of the hateful things he says. It makes her just as bad as he is in my opinion, and shows she shouldn't be trusted, which I always have suspected. If they are such good friends, then she has conned those fans who have gone to her and complained about some of the file, nasty and mean spirite things he's posted and she insisted that she didn't know, or does not approve, which is BS.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 07-07-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Is it really that important after such a long time that people have to argue about it so vehemently?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantellor View Post
    I can vouch for the fact that Mary knows Marv personally. Marv introduced me to Mary after a concert,. Mary greeted Marv by name and hugged him warmly. They chit chatted about things and people I did not know.. They are at least aquaitances, but I really think they are friends. I do have the picture Marv took of Mary and I .Please do not discount what Marv posts. I met him and liked him.Marv has inside knowledge about everyone at Motown and is gentleman enough not to share it .Please consider all posts with some merit.Everyone's expieriences are unique.And thanks to Marv I met Mary again.
    I have no idea if mary Wilson and marv are friends and really dont care much either way. I dont want to be friends with marv as I dont want to be friends with anyone who use horrible slurs and bigoted names about homosexual men and lesbian ladies. I dont need that type of hate in my life. Miss Mary Wilson hugs and chats to all her fans after a show and the main reason for that is she does meet and greet after her shows in order to sell books and cds and dvds and stuff to make money and you cant blame Mary for that. I take marvs inside knowlegsde with a grain of salt but you believe he is the real deal and so i respect your choice.

Roberta

supremester Guest
    Hey Zant - I've known you for a long time and have never once questioned your veracity. If you say this occurred, I believe you, but I have to ask if it was a long long time ago [[many pounds ago ; 0) or not only because there is not only an email exchange with Mary that I could get [[probably) to refute what you say, but she told 3 of us personally at Feinsteins that she had no idea who Marv is, but hated very much what he writes about online - and wants nothing to do with him. After the email exchange, Mary contacted Marv and he was furious with the guy who contacted her and banned him from his Yahoo group citing 5th Amendment freedoms and that he didn't what she wanted him to do- so we know Mary let him have it. I know you and I have not always agreed on all things Supreme, but I love your Copa stories and SO wish my parents would have taken me to see them in a club. Are you still driving? I admire ANYONE in your profession as I'm in NY at least 3x a year and consider it the most unpleasant place in the world to drive!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantellor View Post

supremester Guest
    Mary has a lot of gay fans and friends - I doubt that she is cool with the homophobic hatred that he spews. The other stuff......... you might have a point, but Mary knows it's in her best interest to let bygones be bygones, so I think maybe she knew Marv years ago, or, was buds until she found out the truth about him and has decided to DAK him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Very interesting post from Zantellor, who joined the forum in 2010 , but has only posted 16 times since then. He defends Marv and wants to reassure that Marv and Mary Wilson are associates/friends. I believe him. So Then that makes Mary duplicitous in some of the hateful things he says. It makes her just as bad as he is in my opinion, and shows she shouldn't be trusted, which I always have suspected. If they are such good friends, then she has conned those fans who have gone to her and complained about some of the file, nasty and mean spirite things he's posted and she insisted that she didn't know, or does not approve, which is BS.

Mary has a lot of gay fans and friends - I doubt that she is cool with the homophobic hatred that he spews. The other stuff......... you might have a point, but Mary knows it's in her best interest to let bygones be bygones, so I think maybe she knew Marv years ago, or, was buds until she found out the truth about him and has decided to DAK him.
    What does DAK mean supremster?

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

supremester Guest
    DAK is USOC code for "Denies All Knowledge" USOC Code was a language used for efficiency when I worked for Ma Bell. I still, often, get confused as to what made it into the vernacular of the general population, and what was simply brainwashing residue.

Good post zantellor. I guess it's about jealousy and not letting stuff go. Its ok to be happy for each other!! Lifes too short.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Good post zantellor. I guess it's about jealousy and not letting stuff go. Its ok to be happy for each other!! Lifes too short.
    what does this mean???????????
    ok Here We go.. I met up with Marv at Mary's concert in Coney Island two years ago. I never met him prior to the concert and met him there. I met a person who is a gentleman [[I have not seen him since}Marv was very kind to invite me to meet Mary after the show{I have met Mary quite a few times prior to this}When Mary saw Marv she hugged him and was very pleased to see him. She called him by name. Marv introduced me to Mary and we all spoke a bit and took some pictures.Soon Mary and Marv moved away and began speaking privately about whatever.Right then and there I knew they were met many times before and were friendly.. Anyway I do not understand about why gay keeps coming up Roberta. This is a Soulful detroit form. I'm sure there are many Gays in Detroit,but this is not what this forum is about.Supremester. I am no longer driving in NYC as I now live in Florida.What I post about my night out in Coney Island meeting both Marv and Mary is true the way it is written. Also that evening Mary was in great voice and the crowd could not get enough of her.. Meeting both Marv and Mary tha tevening remain high points in my life. Take it or leave it. believe it or not this is what I expierienced that evening

supremester Guest
    Well, like I said, I believe every word of what you said and it does present an interesting situation since Mary told me to my face [[and I was not alone) that she didn't know Marv and despised the anti gay/anti Diana things he writes on Youtube. No need in rehashing my thoughts, but I forgot you moved to Florida - how nice. I've been there a few times chasing Miss Ross around and especially loved Clearwater, Sarasota and Fort Myers area. She's doing 5 or 6 shows there again this September, but I can't get away then. Good to have your input. Sometime would you please, if you have time, jog your memory of seeing them at The Copa and Waldorf? I recall many of your great memories and I think others would enjoy them as well. Thanks.

smark21 Guest
    NO doubt Marv is intelligent enough not to go on anti gay rants when he’s with Mary—besides she’s not a Diana Ross fan he must confront and fight with. He saves that sort of rhetoric for internet sites like youtube and yahoo when fighting with Diana Ross fans.

And my opinion: I can hear Flo [[or most likely, Marlene) in certain parts, but I don't hear a Ross lick on the whole record.

I was supporing you zantellor.

Crystaledwards Guest
    People think anonymity is a powerful force. Hiding behind a fake screen name makes people feel invincible, as well as invisible. Never mind that, on many websites, people are not as anonymous as they think. By not calling out bigots and discouraging their racist, sexist and homophobic behavior, we are actually encouraging their behavior. Basically, if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. We must reject this systematic discrimination and stand up for equal protection for all.Ponder over this statistic before writing another hateful slur on YouTube marv. Of the estimated 1.6 million homeless American youth, up to 40 percent identify as lesbian or gay, and a disproportionate number identify as bisexual or transgender. In one study, 26 percent of gay teens who came out to their parents were told they must leave home immediately. And then there are those who are not kicked out, but made to feel so uncomfortable and unloved that they leave voluntarily with nowhere to go.

I would like to ask the marv the following questions.

1) Did you chose to be straight?

2) Do you think people want to be bullied? Do you think people like being called a faggot, sissy or fag?

3) If being Gay or Lesbian is against what the bible states then have you ever eaten shellfish? Worn a shirt made of a polyester/cotton blend? Touched a football? Gotten a tattoo? Worked on a Sunday?

4) Why does it bother you that people are gay?

Individuals who identify as straight but in psychological tests show a strong attraction to the same sex may be threatened by gays and lesbians because homosexuals remind them of similar tendencies within themselves. It may not be just a coincidence that several vehemently homophobic public figures are often caught engaging in homosexual acts.

Mary sounds good on this song but at the end it sounds like her voice is warbling. I cant stand the arrangement it sounds like a demo to me like they didnt care. Supremester I agree the music could have been much better on this I would bet this is a demo.

supremester Guest
    But he's not intelligent to realize the punishments he felt Paula Dean should endure because of her behavior is exactly what should happen to himself as well. It's true, he does use this when fighting with Diana Ross fans - but not exclusively. I've seen his crap on plenty on other sites - some political, some not.
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    NO doubt Marv is intelligent enough not to go on anti gay rants when he’s with Mary—besides she’s not a Diana Ross fan he must confront and fight with. He saves that sort of rhetoric for internet sites like youtube and yahoo when fighting with Diana Ross fans.

But he's not intelligent to realize the punishments he felt Paula Dean should endure because of her behavior is exactly what should happen to himself as well. It's true, he does use this when fighting with Diana Ross fans - but not exclusively. I've seen his crap on plenty on other sites - some political, some not.

Look man you don't know me. Why don't you stick to the topic of this thread or go somewhere else. I've been a member of Soulful Detroit for 10 years . So why don't you learn to discuss the music and not all of this side-tracking shit that always seem to occur whenever you show up? Huh? I don't hear you? Can you discuss the topic of the thread or must you continue on with your one man soap opera?

Was this cut around the same time as "Our Day Will Come"?. To me, it sounds like Flo and Diane singing with Mary on this one:

Was this cut around the same time as "Our Day Will Come"?. To me, it sounds like Flo and Diane singing with Mary on this one:

Can we all imagine how great it would have been if more album cuts had Mary or Flo on the lead?
    It would not have taken anything away from DR being the star in the group.
    And as far as people who complain that the Andantes are on so many singles, just remember that it was DMF who were singing live every night.
    It was not the Andantes wearing the beautiful gowns or meeting Queens and selling out the clubs.
    DMF could sing the songs live while the Andantes were pitch perfect they did not have the look of stars be ause if they did, BG would have put them on the stage. He. Never did.

We know that "Our Day Will Come" was recorded in 1965. Anyone know when "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" was recorded?

We know that "Our Day Will Come" was recorded in 1965. Anyone know when "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" was recorded?
    It was recorded in January 1967, according to the liner notes to "The Never-Before-Released Masters"; DFTMC says "completed 26-Mar-68."
    Last edited by calvin; 07-10-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    It was recorded in January 1967, according to the liner notes to "The Never-Before-Released Masters"; DFTMC says "completed 26-Mar-68."
    Well that explains Florence singing on it. Thanks Calvin.

Well that explains Florence singing on it. Thanks Calvin.
    Why is there such an extrodinary interest in who sang background on the Sups recordings compared to the many other successful groups on the Motown roster? Is the motive to discredit the validity of their outstanding success as a group in order to pretend there was only one valuable member of the group? I don't get it.

That is not it at all. For years many were on a crusade to make everyone aware of how the background vocals were crucial to the success of the group. That it wasn't just about the voice of the lead singer. There was as you put it "extraordinary interest in who sang background". Now it turns out that that Mary, Flo and Cindy didn't sing on a lot of those songs- and these same people no longer want people to discuss it. You can't have it both ways. You know what they say..."be careful of what you ask for".
    Last edited by skooldem1; 07-16-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Why is there such an extrodinary interest in who sang background on the Sups recordings compared to the many other successful groups on the Motown roster? Is the motive to discredit the validity of their outstanding success as a group in order to pretend there was only one valuable member of the group? I don't get it.
    That is exactly it! There are a few people here that want to downgrade the importance of Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson to the Supremes success. They want them NOT to be on the recordings and have it be only Diane with session singers like the Andantes etc. The truth is both Mary and Florence are on the majority of the recordings just like Diane and we ,them, they cannot rewrite history.

Nobody ever believes any evidence that conflicts with their entrenched views, so it gets a bit pointless even discussing it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Nobody ever believes any evidence that conflicts with their entrenched views, so it gets a bit pointless even discussing it anymore.
    I tend to believe eye and ear witnesses. Folks that were there.

For what it's worth and I know I'm late on this it sounds like Mary and Florence doing the backgrounds for "Davy Crockett" with the Andantes chiming in during the last verse. Diana was probably through with joining in for the backgrounds by this point. My guess is the last time she did was probably for "Falling In Love With Love".

supremester Guest
    No, NOT TRUE!!! FALSE!!!! That's not it at all. It's all about learning the construction, care and effort that went into the music we love. I don't discuss Liz Lands' bgs because I don't care about them. The truth is that for the most part, no one knew or cared WHO sang bg........they ALL sold - albums and singles. In fact, 2 of The Supremes biggest records had only Diana Ross on them. So what? Mary & Flo were of little importance on many of their records. The Andantes were and remain very very talented, extraordinary vocalists. That doesn't make Mary or Flo less important than they were. Florence Ballard was the most popular bg singer in history and everyone knew it then and so did Diana, Mary and Flo. Flo didn't NEED to be on every record - she was FLO! Period. Everyone knows Diana ross was the main interest in the group. she had her detractors and still does. Fact is that SHE got the audition, SHE was why they got signed, SHE had the voice that put EVERY hit over, SHE had the talent to work an audience in a world class way - and still does. That doesn't diminish Mary Cindy Flo Marlene Betty Barbara Jean Lynda Scherrie or Susaye at all. YOU, however, go out of your way to downgrade Miss Ross' accomplishments here and all over the net - which only results in her fans responding in kind. You also downgrade Lynda in the group. Mary introduced Lynda to the world and asked fans to accept her as the newest Supreme. Upon Jean's illness, Lynda was the only Supreme Motown felt qualified to lead a show - even though she never appeared as a Supreme before. Lynda is also the connection to Stevie Wonder for that disastrous single, Bad Weather. Lynda was given comedy lines on TV shows and was the only one to handle them well. Lynda was also wise enough to bail off the sinking ship but was good enough for Mary to ask her back to go on those extra dates. But since Mary doesn't like her now, you try to downgrade her importance to the group. Mary Wilson was a wonderful Supreme during their heyday: beautiful, classy and wonderful in the bg sound live and on the recordings that she is on. BFD. If Mary had quit instead of Barbara or Betty,or Flo, things would have pretty much been the same. Mayybe they wouldn't have hung on as long as they did, but, so what? Not that many cared anymore. They weren't THE SUPREMES any more than that group of singers Otis is with is The Temptations. Meanwhile that washed up, can't sing, no one but _____________ [[gays) likes Diana Ross just finished an extremely successful South American tour in very large venues that sold very well but you will continue to downgrade her. You bring it on yourself. Not everyone loves Miss Ross - just the hundreds of millions who bought her voice on record or concert and sill are. Mary has "new" music coming out - hooray for our living Supremes, eh? [[even if The Andantes ARE on TCB LOLOLOL)
    That is exactly it! There are a few people here that want to downgrade the importance of Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson to the Supremes success. They want them NOT to be on the recordings and have it be only Diane with session singers like the Andantes etc. The truth is both Mary and Florence are on the majority of the recordings just like Diane and we ,them, they cannot rewrite history.

supremester Guest
    I don't think anyone at Motown, including Diana or Berry, was afraid of Flo or Mary taking anything away from Miss Ross. Remember: Flo, and later, Flo and Mary did People for years and its not like there was a public outcry for more. Mary had 2 solos in DMC and increased her visibility in the 70's Supremes to the point where she was sharing the lead, and still couldn't get signed anywhere after she split the group. Im not knocking her great talent, but, an acquired taste to be sure, she was no threat to Miss ross - nor was Flo. The Copa proved that Miss ross was a rare, superstar talent. They didn't get more leads because, right or wrong, Berry went with the goose that laid the golden egg or, what worked: which is why we have I'm livin In Shame, My Girl has Gone, Ross' Reach out-I'll Be There and why it took forever to get Aint Too Proud To Beg out. I don't know if I wanted more LP space devoted to Mary & Flo but I would have loved and purchased solo LPs by them like Jackie, tito, Jermaine etc. THAT would have been terrific. I really really really wish there was a solo Flo effort on Motown.
    Quote Originally Posted by RBTEMPSFAN View Post
    Can we all imagine how great it would have been if more album cuts had Mary or Flo on the lead?
    It would not have taken anything away from DR being the star in the group.
    And as far as people who complain that the Andantes are on so many singles, just remember that it was DMF who were singing live every night.
    It was not the Andantes wearing the beautiful gowns or meeting Queens and selling out the clubs.
    DMF could sing the songs live while the Andantes were pitch perfect they did not have the look of stars be ause if they did, BG would have put them on the stage. He. Never did.

supremester Guest
    You're right, Sugar Pie, I don't KNOW you. However, you know me well enough to call me a "faggot" on Youtube and suggest, in rather surprisingly graphic, intimate detail, things I should do sexually with other Diana Ross fans. I can post it here if you like. You know me well enough to state publicly that you wished I had died in the O.R. and that gays deserve to have AIDS [[the comment that, I believe, got you kicked out of Stirfry.) I was replying to Smark21.....not you. So, take it up with Smark21. I've had no complaints or negative comments about my participation here, but have had a lot of positive comments and encouragement. That being said, when you are respectful and calm here, I will try to forget your Mr Hyde personality on a lot of other sites, and respond in a manner similar to yours, Dumpling.
    Look man you don't know me. Why don't you stick to the topic of this thread or go somewhere else. I've been a member of Soulful Detroit for 10 years . So why don't you learn to discuss the music and not all of this side-tracking shit that always seem to occur whenever you show up? Huh? I don't hear you? Can you discuss the topic of the thread or must you continue on with your one man soap opera?

supremester Guest
    Well, I think the track is final but the vocals are pedestrian. They might be demos, but either way, why give this to Mary & Flo? This is not their forte and the arrangement sucks. Flo can't even keep up and doesn't even know what she's saying. My least favorite Supremes album is funny Girl, had this crap come out, it would have tied it. Crappy arrangements, crappy everything. I love Disney music but not like this. "Maaaaaa-reeeee????.....Ciiiiiiiinnnnn-deeeeeee????......... Where are you?....Where ARE you???".......... ugh
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Mary sounds good on this song but at the end it sounds like her voice is warbling. I cant stand the arrangement it sounds like a demo to me like they didnt care. Supremester I agree the music could have been much better on this I would bet this is a demo.