[REMOVE ADS]

Would you download hi-rez files?

Would you download hi-res [[typically 24-bit/96k) files of music from your favorite artists if it were the only thing available?

Lately, many fans of artists like Eagles, The Beatles, and soon Paul McCartney and George Harrison have made their music available through this format. The sound is superior, and if one wanted to listen to it in their car or on their mp3/iPod, you could still convert it.

Discuss.

You mean to tell me no one here has the slightest interest in hi-rez versions of classic soul music?

I would and I have. the sound is tremendous, especally if you have one of these along with your ipod:

http://www.i-qube.nl/index.php?id=24

ipod + iqube + lossless mp3's or hi res + really good headphones = fine quality sound.

Do you listen to hi-rez on a home stereo?

I just downloaded Paul McCartney's "Band On The Run in 96k/24-bit that was released yesterday. From that, I created my own redbook version. And, it already comes with mp3s too.