[REMOVE ADS]

smark21 Guest

Mary Wilson "I Believe in You and Me"

I remember this like it was yesterday,Mary sounds great,Please stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    I remember this like it was yesterday,Mary sounds great,Please stay positive
    So do I. Spring 2000. She was superb! Yes! Please stay positive!
    Last edited by marv2; 06-30-2013 at 07:16 PM.

supremester Guest
    I don't know where this song came from, but Jennifer Hudson did it on Idol and was great, but not this great. I remember this as well. Mary did a super job on the song and an even super/super job bashing Diana and RTL with lies about the terms. Thia was when she began getting desperate and even though the offer had gone to 4 million, was saying it was 1, 2 or 3. LOL When did Mary start doing How Lucky Can You Get - I ask because that's the first song I ever heard her do live that was evidence of solo career material. She could have done it as a chanteuse, she had the goods.

thomas96 Guest
    This is just fantastic! I love her version of this beautiful song.

Mary really made this song all her own. Quite a great performance.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I don't know where this song came from, but Jennifer Hudson did it on Idol and was great, but not this great. I remember this as well. Mary did a super job on the song and an even super/super job bashing Diana and RTL with lies about the terms. Thia was when she began getting desperate and even though the offer had gone to 4 million, was saying it was 1, 2 or 3. LOL When did Mary start doing How Lucky Can You Get - I ask because that's the first song I ever heard her do live that was evidence of solo career material. She could have done it as a chanteuse, she had the goods.
    Original version of the song was by The Four topshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXsIwM2Bymo

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I heard Mary sing "How Lucky Can You Get" with The Supremes [[Mary, Scherrie and Susaye) at Bachelor's III in Ft. Lauderdale right after Flo passed in tribute to her. QUITE a show!

Amazing performance. As Time magazine said at the time she just kept on stepping despite RTL to sold out appearences of her own.

supremester Guest
    Can you post that Time magazine article? I don't recall it. I DO recall Mary played an outdoor food cart 2 miles from my house in late July 2000 and ticket sales were sluggish for her tour that fall as well as for the ill-fated Sophisticated Ladies debacle that pretty much cemented Mary to a life of outdoor festivals etc. She did very few reserved seat gigs to sell out or not after RTL. I think Time was mistaken but I'd love to read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Amazing performance. As Time magazine said at the time she just kept on stepping despite RTL to sold out appearences of her own.

smark21 Guest
    I didn’t start this thread for people to fight about RTL or obsess about ticket sales. If you must discuss these topics, please show some respect and do it in another thread or start one of your own. I’m bored of reading about those topics. Thank you.