[REMOVE ADS]

"Nightflight" Tue Jun25, 9P-12M ET: Jimmy Webb Tribute...Finale!

Howdy, Nightflighters! Another show featuring an important part of the Motown puzzle...the final installment of a 2 part tribute to Jimmy Webb! Jimmy's music has become such a significant part of pop music, with so many artists making Jimmy's compositions part of their own careers. So do join me tonight...these Jimmy tributes occur only annually. That and so much more...on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and we are streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at
    www.womr.org
    Thanks! John

Name:  P1520846.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  99.1 KBJohn, missed your wonderful radio program and air personality during my three week visit to Los Angeles. As I walked the streets of East L.A. in search of edgy wall murals, I kept hearing the music of the band "War," and I definitely felt the embracing warmth of the California sun. Since my return it has been cool and wet here in Vancouver, but thankfully not as devastating weather as in Calgary. I look forward to the heat "Nightflight" will generate over the airwaves this evening!
    Last edited by R. Mark Desjardins; 06-25-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    John, missed your wonderful radio program and air personality during my three week visit to Los Angeles. As I walked the streets of East L.A. in search of edgy wall murals, I kept hearing the music of the band "War," and I definitely felt the embracing warmth of the California sun. Since my return it has been cool and wet here in Vancouver, but thankfully not as devastating weather as in Calgary. I look forward to the heat "Nightflight" will generate over the airwaves this evening!
    Mark....hey there!!! Glad you had a great time in LA! And I'm glad you're back home safely...and that you'll be with us tonight! Thanks! JohnPS...great mural!!!! thanks for sharing!

Entering Midnight Johnny's Weekly Webb of Music. What have you spun for us tonight? Ah yes, More Jimmy!! It's a double-double!! See you and the Gang on the Radiola.

Just made it.... Forgive my tardiness... How's everyone tonight?

Howdy there, Glen....welcome...and yes...you are forgiven.....

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Entering Midnight Johnny's Weekly Webb of Music. What have you spun for us tonight? Ah yes, More Jimmy!! It's a double-double!! See you and the Gang on the Radiola.
    Joseph......I need to say HELLO to you in writing!!! Hello, my friend!

John;
    What a surprise and how appropriate that you should play Judy Collin's version of Jimmy Webb's composition "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress." We are coming off a full moon, and Judy performed in concert here in Vancouver a few weeks back. I had the pleasure of seeing her myself some years back here when she performed that song live, and it still resonates loudly in my mind. Thank you for reigniting those fond memories! Smile.

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Joseph......I need to say HELLO to you in writing!!! Hello, my friend!
    Hola! Mi amigo. Loving the sounds, caught up [[and still caught up) in the threads of your Jimmy Webb.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    John;
    What a surprise and how appropriate that you should play Judy Collin's version of Jimmy Webb's composition "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress." We are coming off a full moon, and Judy performed in concert here in Vancouver a few weeks back. I had the pleasure of seeing her myself some years back here when she performed that song live, and it still resonates loudly in my mind. Thank you for reigniting those fond memories! Smile.
    Thank you, Mark....I appreciate it!!!!!

I love "I Keep It Hid"! It may not be potlitically correct to say so but I do. Along with "A Heart Like Mine'" and "Where Is It I Belong". I love hearing Mary sing in this style. It suites her voice so well.

Hola! Mi amigo. Loving the sounds, caught up [[and still caught up) in the threads of your Jimmy Webb.

....my Jimmy Webb....that's goooooooooooooooood.....

I love "I Keep It Hid"! It may not be potlitically correct to say so but I do. Along with "A Heart Like Mine'" and "Where Is It I Belong". I love hearing Mary sing in this style. It suites her voice so well.
    ....yet and still.......

Nice Rosemary Clooney track.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Nice Rosemary Clooney track.
    Thank you, Kenneth!

Missed most of the show tonight, but as usual you have impeccable taste, Johnny! Thanks for keeping the music alive.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Missed most of the show tonight, but as usual you have impeccable taste, Johnny! Thanks for keeping the music alive.
    Well...THANK you, Kenneth....we BOTH do....[[*smile)

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Well...THANK you, Kenneth....we BOTH do....[[*smile)
    Yes, well, I always think anyone who likes what I like has impeccable taste!

Folks....thanks for spending part of your evening with me and my tribute to the great Jimmy Webb....much appreciated! See you next week.....be safe and take care!

Great bang-up finale! Thanks John. Thanks everybody. See you all next time.