[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ross,
    If you are interested, http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/ has a lot of Stevie Wonder re-issues. Probably amazon Japan and HMV Japan also.

Thank you Harry. I found your experiences in music fascinating. Thank you for taking the time to share.

PS: Cover to cover the Tammi set is just absolutely wonderful! Everything I hoped for and more. Thank you [[and team) for making it happen.

Phew!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Phew!!!!!!!
    You did good Johnny.

Hey John,
    Another great show. Have a great week.

Awesome show JP and Thank You Harry for sharing some of your time with us tonight.

Have a great week all!

RossHolloway Guest
    This set is worth the price just from the live tracks alone. WOW What a voice Tammi has live. I could only imagine being in the front row while she performed. Priceless.

Wow, that was something! Fantastic show John. Thank you everybody:-)

Joseph and Tony and Ross and MotownSteve and Copley and davidh and positive soul...thank you so very much...for being there....for sharing in this very exciting "Motown" experience with Harry...and for offering your questions...all which helped to make this a wonderful show for me to be part of. Thanks so much for your support.

Thanks to you, Harry...for such an exciting, educational and fun time. I am very grateful.
    And thanks, Andy, for ALL you do that we know and don't know about. I'd love to come to visit. Thanks for the invite!
    John

So are the answers to these questions available anywhere?

I wish I could have listened. Of course, emailing the question was the right thing to do. The marketing issues are brutal for the guys.

That was fun. Thanks everyone.

As an aside, apologies to John and the listeners for seemingly stepping on some of his comments and questions. It was not intentional; there were times when listening on my phone headset that I simply couldn't hear him.

Till next time...

HW

Quote Originally Posted by hwume View Post
    That was fun. Thanks everyone.

As an aside, apologies to John and the listeners for seemingly stepping on some of his comments and questions. It was not intentional; there were times when listening on my phone headset that I simply couldn't hear him.

Till next time...

HW
    Harry....no apologies necessary...thank you...much appreciated...

Hi John. Thanks for a very interesting show and for putting a couple of my questions to Harry. Have just finished listening to it and will let Motown Treasures folks know all about it and let them hear the interview upon request.

Copley...........can you post it here or a link here so we could listen. Thanks if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Hi John. Thanks for a very interesting show and for putting a couple of my questions to Harry. Have just finished listening to it and will let Motown Treasures folks know all about it and let them hear the interview upon request.
    copley....thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for communicated to other Motown Treasures fans about it and linking it!

did i hear Harry say More Hits was the next to get the deluxe treatment?

RossHolloway Guest
    Douh!! Why didn't anyone ask HW about the whole Tammi/Valerie mystery? He's heard the stripped down version of all those songs and he strikes me as a very very honest kinda guy. I would love to hear his take on things. My second thought was around the Nic and Val album that they prefer not to have ever released. Could it be because Valerie sounds too much "like Tammi" on those duets? Just my two cents... Thoughts?

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    did i hear Harry say More Hits was the next to get the deluxe treatment?
    Yea, I head that too, but wouldn't sing CW&P, A Bit of Liverpool or Tribute to Sam Cooke be next logically? Or is there no material outcuts from those albums to include?

the 2 out takes from Liverpool lp are on the Lost and Found cd but there could be more? i think there is a few out takes from the We Remember Sam Cook album but i dont know what they are but it would be interesting to find out. i thought the We Remember album was on the list of albums to be reissued but ,hey ,it could show up on the More Hits Deluxe set as it was released just prior to MH. perhaps they are just going to reissiue the studio albums, but i am sure if something is found....we will eventually get to hear it

Thanks Copley for sharing.

RossHolloway Guest
    Out takes from We Remember Sam Cooke? This is news to me...does anyone have any ideas what those tracks are? If I remember correctly the album only had 10 tracks on it...

10 cuts on the original; I have a CD with an 11th bonus song: Good News.

Copley...............I've downloaded both and am listening; and I just want to say I've very much enjoyed listening; it was great of you to do that.

I love that interview; what I get out of it [[which might be wrong and might not be other people's view) is that fans, as usual, read so much into things, they think what they want to think, they make up what is blank...........and most of the time, there is just nothing to their musings.

I also picked up a line from Harry about "we'll see how things go"..........it made me think, it might be an idea to BUY some of these; more than just Diana Ross; more than just the Supremes, which sell.

John, some how, you gotta get these shows preserved; like your interviews with Scherrie and Jean; because so many of us are spread out all over the world and can't listen when you are actually "on air".

Jobeterob:

[[Ain't That) Good News was on the original album [[total of 11 tracks). In 1991, when the album was reissued on cassette, Good News was omitted, and added as a bonus track on the CD version.

JR

So............is Good News originally a Sam Cooke song? Didn't know it might have been.

Good News was recorded by Cooke in '64..

Thanks Nomis. I don't think I knew that or if I did, the song, for me, is a Florence song and I had forgotten.

I will have to find and post Sam's Good News from Youtube and we'll see who had the definitive version. Kind of hoping for Blondie here............

John--Im a fan of your shows but you were hard on Jim. He said he did understand and have a great show!!

Luke....thanks...I appreciate that you listen to the show. About my being hard on Jim....what I said is what I felt. I didn't think it was an appropriate question for Harry when our intended focus was Motown/UMe music. However...I did in fact ask Harry prior to the show about Jim's concerns and I posted what he said for Jim to address his issues. And Harry was gracious enough to talk about the issue on the show. And sometimes, Luke, and maybe often, there is more going on than meets the eye.

Sam Cooke - Good News

The definitive version, for me!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I love that interview; what I get out of it [[which might be wrong and might not be other people's view) is that fans, as usual, read so much into things, they think what they want to think, they make up what is blank...........and most of the time, there is just nothing to their musings.

I also picked up a line from Harry about "we'll see how things go"..........it made me think, it might be an idea to BUY some of these; more than just Diana Ross; more than just the Supremes, which sell.

John, some how, you gotta get these shows preserved; like your interviews with Scherrie and Jean; because so many of us are spread out all over the world and can't listen when you are actually "on air".
    Rob...thanks...glad you enjoyed it! I have all the interviews...I'd list them but I'm afraid of missing someone. These chats are really some of the high points of my life as a Motown fan. I'm hoping that at some point WOMR will have a way to store them and make them available on the WOMR site.

MJ:

Was working and listening last week and missed the comment about More Hits By The Supremes. Did Harry in fact say this was to be the new DRATS release? Thanks for confirming. This was another great interview.

To me it kinda sorta sounded like it was "a" release coming, not necessarily "the" new release.

I also got the "drift" that Diana Ross sells and the Supremes sell but underlying several comments, I believe they need the fans support by buying the product. And I'm not sure it is there for much of the product which does compromise certain releases.

That being said, I will be semi controversial and say that in my business, I am facing the same issues Universal has; but I am a little bit surprised at how "hands off" and a little bit "nonchalant" they want to be with marketing. You can't say to your customers, "we want you to buy" and then for years and years on end, have continuing issues with marketing. And the fact is "they've never got over those marketing issues".

RossHolloway Guest
    Jobeterob- I didn't think HW was being hands off or nonchalant about marketing at all. If the fans don' buy these cd then UM will simply stop putting them out. But HW is involved with more that just Motown. But he took the time [[twice now) to be a part of Midnight's show. That is a form of marketing. For a six hour time frame he talked about the Tammi release and his experience in the music industry. It got me to order a copy instead of waiting a few weeks or a couple of months. I hope he comes back on with other releases in the future.

I totally agree with that part of it Ross.

But also someone at Universal has to someday say that the "buck stops here" and they start to fix Hip O and IT'S marketing practices.

I've been on here 5 years plus and the refrain has been constant, steady. It's been people of every nature, kind, character, gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation. Shipping costs to Canada were $55 for ONE CD. I think they are down to $27. And you want to sell CDS? Seriously? And they still don't ship to the UK. And they obviously still had problems with Jim Bagley and I believe he's in Pennsylvania or New York.

It's great to provide an email address for one off problems. But how about getting a new marketer? How about revising the contract? How about terminating the contract? It's been a long time with Hip O and things haven't been great.

The question needs to be addressed: Are we serious about wanting to sell more? If the answer is Yes.............there are some fairly easy fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    MJ:

Was working and listening last week and missed the comment about More Hits By The Supremes. Did Harry in fact say this was to be the new DRATS release? Thanks for confirming. This was another great interview.
    Thanks, dba! Yes...Harry did in fact say that "More Hits...Supremes" is forthcoming....not sure when though....

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I totally agree with that part of it Ross.

But also someone at Universal has to someday say that the "buck stops here" and they start to fix Hip O and IT'S marketing practices.

I've been on here 5 years plus and the refrain has been constant, steady. It's been people of every nature, kind, character, gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation. Shipping costs to Canada were $55 for ONE CD. I think they are down to $27. And you want to sell CDS? Seriously? And they still don't ship to the UK. And they obviously still had problems with Jim Bagley and I believe he's in Pennsylvania or New York.

It's great to provide an email address for one off problems. But how about getting a new marketer? How about revising the contract? How about terminating the contract? It's been a long time with Hip O and things haven't been great.

The question needs to be addressed: Are we serious about wanting to sell more? If the answer is Yes.............there are some fairly easy fixes.
    So Rob....why don't you send an email to Harry about your thoughts.....he said that email address gets emails directly to him.